Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Show "hex borders" on world map?

Discussion in 'Release 7 Feedback' started by Kraxtor, Jun 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kraxtor

Kraxtor Avatar

First off, R7 is my first and only time playing. I look forward to future release testing, and I'm excited for this game. Second, I don't want to get in to if we should/should not have an overland map. What this IS about, is figuring out where some hexes start and some end.

In Braemar, Bridget asks you to check on her husband. Ask around, and you'll find he was last seen in the "woods to the north". Once on the overland map though, to me, entering any wooded area took me to the same wooded map. Same bear cave, same Satyr area, etc. Would be nice to know that all those forests are "one hex".

Likewise, I can traverse some mountains, but not others - what looks like a pass by the dragon cave to the desert West (toward the Ravensshire (sp?) town) was impassable, and my icon went around the long way.

I would very much like to see better borders or definitions of these hexes. How do I know when I'm entering something (other than a town or cave with a clear icon) that is different from another?

Maybe this is minor issue, because this map is so early generation. But I think that different woods and forest areas should zone in with different names and different content, and it should be relevant and related to the remainder of the map.

2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

The absence of the hex borders was a known issue in this release. One of devs mentioned they will be re-added in the next cycle. :)

3. Kraxtor

Kraxtor Avatar

Thanks NRaas! I read the Known Issues for R7 before playing. I must have missed that (or I wouldn't have posted.

4. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

5. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I'm hoping that the hex borders can be toggled on/off as the map looks great without them, but yes it would be nice to see where the hexes are also...

smack likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.