Shroud of the Avatar Blood Donation Team (unofficial)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sator Faryn, Mar 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sator Faryn

Sator Faryn Avatar

Greeting Fellow Avatars,
    This post is for those who are able to donate blood and are living in the US. But for those out of the US I also encourage you if you can to donate blood to save lives.

I've been donating blood off and on for a while to help save lives. Last year I found out about the "Blood Donor American Red Cross" app and have been using it to help me keep track of my regular blood donations. I also noticed it has teams. So I created an unofficial Shroud of the Avatar team.

I would like to invite others who are interested in joining this team. If you are already a Red Cross donor and use your red cross donor card information to create your account there are other benefits. You can use the rapidpass feature, use a digital donor card, keep track of your donations, and when you join the Shroud of the Avatar team, all your past donations will count towards our total count of donations (currently 50).

I will also be forming a guild in game, but that will not be a requirement at all to be a member of this team on the App. So once 10 people join this team (need 8 more Avatars), I'll announce that here on this thread and then form a guild in game.

Why do I personally donate? I'm O+ which means a lot of people can have my blood (not O-). I am also CMV negative which means my blood can be used by people with weak immune systems like newborn babies. CMV (cytomegalovirus) is a common flue-like virus that is harmless to most, but can lay dormant in your blood after you've had it. It can change, so every time I donate it is checked. People who are both O type and CMV negative are considered specialty donors. But even if you are not of this type, all blood donations can save lives.

Steps to Join Shroud of the Avatar Blood Donation team.
    1. Download "Blood Donor American Red Cross" app from your smart phone.
    2. Create your account and use your Red Cross information if you are already a blood donor with them.
    3. Launch the app and at the bottom touch "Impact".
    4. Tap "My Team" at top.
    5. Tap <Create or join a team>.
    6. Type "Shroud of the Avatar" and select and join it.
    Note: I did a typo last year with a first group "Shroud of the Avata" lol. It looks like its still there with zero lives saved.

Welcome aboard!

Sator Faryn
    Owner of Sators Stinky Sewer Shops
    and POT owner of Haunted Keep of Solania

https://www.facebook.com/SatorsStinkySewerShop/
    https://www.facebook.com/HauntedKeepofSolania/

2. buz

buz Avatar

Thank you Sator! I also donate as much as i can and know how important this to all communities far and wide *cheers* I would gladly join the team but i usually donate to my local (WI) blood bank. Thank you for your selflessness.

3. Verit

Verit Avatar

Great idea!

From what I have heard, the winter and bad weather have decreased the blood reserves and donors are needed.

I am donating tomorrow at my church, but they use "New York Blood Center" and not Red Cross.

4. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

I'm also with the NY Blood Center, I donate a couple of times a year. Just did it about weeks ago. Great idea though!

buz, Sara Dreygon and Sator Faryn like this.
  5. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

15 year Red Cross staff here. Platelets are always in need as well, especially when weather causes havoc across the country as they're only good for 5 days compared to red cells' 42 day shelf life.

It's a longer process but you get to watch a movie while doing it and can actually donate weekly

Jaesun, buz and Sator Faryn like this.
  6. Sator Faryn

Sator Faryn Avatar

Happy to hear many of you are donating to your local blood banks. Congratulations! You are a real hero to someone in need.

buz and Sara Dreygon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.