Shroud Of The Avatar Flyers on telephone poles.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by City Slicker, May 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. City Slicker

City Slicker Avatar

I was thinking of maybe making a good Shroud Of The Avatar Flyer and printing out a couple hundred copes of it and putting them all over the city i live in.

What could i say?
    What should i say?
    Any pics?
    What templates could i use and what key features should i put in it

Any suggestions will be helpful. thanks

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

"Come play with me, play with others or just play with yourself in Shroud of the Avatar" :D!
    [​IMG]

3. kl4nk

kl4nk Avatar

Seem like a legit marketing strategy....

4. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I like this idea!!

Mal Hari and Time Lord like this.
  5. amarious

amarious Avatar

I like this idea! I had proposed making a Street Team for SotA on one of the Telethons when I 1st started playing but it didn't get very well received by the devs.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_team
    I used to be part of a few Street Teams for various bands. I had a lot of fun doing it. Downtown Portland, OR with a crapload of posters and my trusty stapler. Where ever you put up a poster you would write the location in and submit it to the bands.

It would be cool if we could get referral codes, put them on posters that we put up so that people could tare them off, referral codes..not for getting stuff from Port but just to see if anyone used them..would probably be too much time to get it set up but would be kinda neat..just brainstorming.

City Slicker, Time Lord and Alioth like this.
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I have flyers placed all over the city in Wizards Rest. One problem is people don't see them or know to read them or perhaps even want to read them. The latest one tells of the upgrade to the town and where the Npc's were moved. Now if players would read them they could tell of a mystery, a clue of some kind also.

I am really hoping for more compelling versions of our hanging notes as discussed in the thread with @Scottie.

I have used signs in the School of Rock for the Walk of Fame wall which has interesting trivia.

Most people I've met and asked don't point at signs automatically. When I take players I've met on a tour of the School of Rock I have to mention to point at signs to many or they don't know to read them.

You just have to point your cursor at notes, signs, books etc to see the titles or content on them such as these but of course if no one points at signs or notes the appear empty and they won't see if they want to read further:

[​IMG]
    If they don't point at this street sign they do not know to look at the signs on the wall for Music Trivia etc.

[​IMG]
    If they don't point at little notes on the wall they won't know there is a fun fact about a band.
    [​IMG]

This sign tells of what buffs each Devotional gives so you can decide which to jump in. They are 9 hour buffs and you can have 2 of them.
    [​IMG]

If someone is struggling with getting oracle questions correct and they do not point at a book next to the oracle in Wizards Rest they may wonder why they fail the test or perhaps they don't even know how to take the test.

[​IMG]

They might not know there is a food vendor in the Row House someone decorated as a Bakery/Hospital for a joke. Or of course they may not care but still it is there.
    [​IMG]

If they don't point at books they would not know of information to crafting bonuses right in game.
    [​IMG]

And so much more we could all miss. So don't forget to scan your screen and point quickly at things.

7. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

8. Brent S

Brent S Avatar

Bom, Katu, arcdevil and 5 others like this.
  9. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

In the "Community Resources" section located here you can find a link to the "SOTA Fansite Kit" at the bottom of the page:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=59279

It has all kinds of art that can be used as well as the copyright document (which seems to be a bit outdated).

10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

lol well then I totally missed that. At that moment I must have said what is real life ? ;) I am not obsessive at all right?

11. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

to get more funds and new players... they should sell Concept Houses... you know... ideas for houses... they can put up pictures of really amazing looking Concept Houses with funding goals... if they reach the goal then the Concept House gets built... if not then they get the funds but no house... WIN / WIN :D ;) :p

arcdevil and Time Lord like this.
  12. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

13. Eina Stein

Eina Stein Avatar

Great ideas everyone! Keep it up!

Time Lord and Cordelayne like this.
  14. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.