Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Shroud of the Avatar: Reset of the Virtues

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by Violation Clauth, Sep 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

The issue is they keep leaving important info out of patch notes. Like the recent nerf that all archers are experiencing. Or the 50% increase in reagent use for Chain Lighting and 100% increase in reagent use for Lighting. I'd appreciate knowing that these changes that greatly affect many players are not just bugs and are intended. Which means they need to include them in the patch notes. If they keep doing this with their patches, it's only going to anger more people.

As for the topic, I'm a numbers guy. Taking away of numbers visibility is always a bad thing imo. So I am definitely not a fan of them fixing this "bug" as they call it. Not having numbers available to tell me of my ratings in each virtue instantly makes virtues irrelevant to me. Since I can't see how they're being affected with definitive data, they no longer matter to me.

I guess it's just because I'm an engineer. Numbers matter a lot to me. I understand what they're going for by hiding them, and logically it makes sense since you don't know your "virtues" values in real life, but I still prefer having numbers 100% of the time.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    uhop, docdoom77 and Fister Magee like this.
  2. Merv DeGriff

Merv DeGriff Avatar

You might wish to add "Obfuscated Virtues in /stats" to the patch notes. Just speaking as a player and a person who QA's things for a living. It helps to document all the deltas in patch.

Also.... This conversation just popped in my head for you Lum:

But... but... I am the player character. I AM PERFECT!
    Your Humility Virtue has decreased by 20.
    DAMNIT!​

Cheers!

Dwalin Bombardin likes this.
  3. Joeble

Joeble Avatar

Well, putting on the virtue cloak was certainly interesting last night...I think people in space could see my red glow. :)

Duke Avery likes this.
  4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Some "nerfs" tend to be side effects of orher changes they dont anticipate. I suspect archery to bee one of those unintended side effects this time.

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Any estimate of when this will happen?

6. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

Honestly - in an alpha (or whatever) test when not all mechanics are in place it is hard to tell for me as player if it is my actions in game, missing triggers / game mechanics, plot, dialogue etc. that lead to some comments.
    It probably would help if would visit her daily and have an assessment, but then - my character doesn't trust her.

StevieD and Fister Magee like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.