Shroud of the Avatar - Wiki

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fenyx4, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fenyx4

Fenyx4 Legend of the Hearth

I've begun cobbling together a wiki for Shroud of the Avatar.

SotA has an unprecedented amount of community involvement in these early stages of the game's development and I would love to see it documented by the community itself. In game lore, concept art, Pen of the Avatar and other video references, etc. would be great to fill the wiki with.

Additionally tutorials on using Unity to create SotA assets would be amazing. All modifiable and improvable by the community that is helping to make SotA so great.

Forums are great resources but it lacks the ability to collaborate on a single document which really helps with tutorials and documenting the game's history.

So I welcome you to Shroud of the Avatar Wiki. I look forwards to your contributions.

2. stile

stile Avatar

Ill put a link up on my website. Thanks for sharing

3. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

I say divide and conquer. Lets get SOTA information all over the place. Those are all valid Wiki sites, so better to just make sure information is available in all of them.

4. Fenyx4

Fenyx4 Legend of the Hearth

Thanks Stile!

BTW if you have an account on The Codex of Ultima Wisdom or Ultima Forever Wiki the same one will work for this wiki.

I'd already set up all the wiki files before I noticed the Gamepedia wiki. And it hasn't seen much activity since it was set up. Wikia I've had issue with in the past (The Ultima Codex community all up and left in a mass exodus 3 years ago) and the layout they force on their wikis is a hot mess of ads.

If either of those communities had already taken off I wouldn't want to step on their toes. But since neither of them has taken off the benefits of starting one from scratch that I know is run and hosted by Ultima/Origin/Portalarium fans outweighed the time it took to set it up.

Sir Stile Teckel likes this.
  5. Ultima Codex

Ultima Codex Avatar

AvatarAcid and Sir Stile Teckel like this.
  6. smack

smack Avatar

I actually prefer the Ultima Codex wiki site. It's a much cleaner design and much more readable. A wiki shouldn't have so much non-essential graphics and embedded YouTube videos. It slows things down tremendously, at least for me. And the wiki also isn't cluttered with ads.

If we do go with the Ultima Codex site, I would like to see the landing page wiki.ultimacodex.com be less Ultima-centric. Shroud of the Avatar is it's own universe now and should be prominantly displayed there :)

Umbrae likes this.
  7. stile

stile Avatar

Added to the "wikis" link section over at www.thecaverns.net. Also did a quick news blog on it (soemthing i do for every site I add a link to in our links as I feel every site deserves a news feed at start-up!)

Koldar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.