Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Shutters on Row houses

Discussion in 'Release 35 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Ravalox, Oct 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

In R34 some of the row houses no longer had shutters (and there was much rejoicing), however it was noted that the shutters were supposed to have been put back in (per the patch notes). As of R35 (10-22-16) the row houses again have the shutters in place.

I have checked for FPS drops and any other drawbacks with removing the shutters, and cant find anything.

The shutters (when closed) make the streets look abandoned.

The issue here is that the houses look much better without the shutters. If there was a way to allow us to have an option to set the shutter state without them closing automatically after a time (instance reset?) I think this would be better.

Even better would be the ability to select an option to show/hide the shutters entirely.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lace, Hornpipe, moko and 3 others like this.
  2. redfish

redfish Avatar

It also hurts role-playing.

To explain...

In earlier releases, I intentionally set up my shop like in the following screenshot, so that you could see both the vendor through the window from the outside, and could also see store items on a shelf that I pushed up against the window.
    [​IMG]

Putting my wares in the window allowed me to advertise what I had for sale to passers by. I also put a small table outside to help with that also. I then made my vendor visible through the window so I wouldn't have to keep him outside all the time. I set up the lighting so that he'd always be visible. Whenever people would pass by the shop window, they'd see both the wares and the vendor.

They would go into the store and know what to expect.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So I was planning to do this post-persistence... but I can't, because of the shutters. We now have shop signs, which helps... but I'm afraid with the shutters the game design is now encouraging me to put my vendor outside rather than inside.

So this makes me sad :_(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.