Siege Quest - Arcane Catalyst - Number to Turn into Scout

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Nog, Jun 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nog

Nog Avatar

The quest to bring Arcane Catalyst to a siege scout is one of the quests in the game that leaves players scratching their heads wondering why what is stated isn't what the game needs to complete the quest.

Having fought several rounds in a siege, I have gained 6+ Arcane Catalysts from looting defeated siege enemies.

The Journal provides two quest goals:

1. Bring Arcane Catalyst to Siege Scout:
    "I found arcane catalyst on a siege engineer. I'd wager any scout in a siege would give their left arm to get some pieces of this chemical. I should find ***one*** in a siege and tell them what I found."

2. Collect Arcane Catalyst:
    "I talk to a scout that asked me to eliminate as many siege engineers as I can. Also if I find any arcane catalyst on their bodies, I should bring it to any scout in a siege. I'll get a reward for every ***six*** bits of arcane catalyst I turn in."

---

What is puzzling is I am not able to complete the terms of #1 as I read it. The scout doesn't have any interest in taking a single ("one") arcane catalyst. (Unless he stealth took it from me when I talked to him and the journal didn't update...???)

As for the terms of #2, when I talk to the scout to offer him x6 Arcane Catalysts, the game is asking for Arcane Catalyst x18 NOT x6 as the journal says.

These inconsistencies to interpret what the game wants from the quest information is a little irritating.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  2. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

They just did some changes to it, so its still being worked on, must have missed the journal part.

Sorthious and Nog like this.
  3. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I think it means find "one" of the scouts - there are two (one at each entrance).
    And as Mac said, they recently changed the turnin from 6 to 18 likely just missed updating the quest text to match.

Nog and Mac2 like this.
  4. Nog

Nog Avatar

Ah, yeah, that would be the "one" mentioned. Thanks for pointing out something I should've realized.

Getting x18 of these catalysts instead of x6 hopefully should clear that quest from the journal along with the quest to turn in the catalysts.

Mac2 likes this.
  5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

It should, I hope, I got it on one of my alts :)

6. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Not sure if it will clear it from the journal as it is a repeatable quest. You can turn in 18 Catalyst per day. I had saved mine up for the Double XP. Before the change, for 6-Catalyst you got 4k XP for the 1st time completing the quest, and 3k each time after. Now, for 18-Catalyst, you get 24k. Also, this is 24k(12k without Double XP) for each pool; Adventure and Producer.

Nog likes this.
  7. Talimar

Talimar Avatar

The hover over tour compass should show turn in 18.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.