Sieges

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Humbert_Humbert, Aug 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Lily freakin' white. You can only get a black shroud by doing predetermined, approved evil. I am not really a fan of the way the game currently handles virtue. Or, more specifically, lack thereof.

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  2. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

No, you didn't read it right. Chance for a rare will stay the same, what changes is a base loot. As more times (per certain time decided by devs for balance) you kill the boss consecutively, as cheaper loot the boss will drop (except rares, those are unaffected). This will serve as encouragement for newer players to try their wits on new bosses they find, but will also prevent the high level players from farming the same boss all the time.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  3. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

They had something like this in DDO, where a chest dropped by a boss would only produce the "good" loot so many times each day for your group before it would only give "trash" loot. It did have the effect of high level farmers performing circuits of the largest farmable bosses as opposed to sitting on one for hours.

4. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

Which is good, imho, get off that one certain boss so that others can get a try.

5. Sway

Sway Avatar

I guess but there is friends only mode so every boss in the game is free for "others" to try.. also sieges pop up all over the place. so there isn't just one place to go and farm them.

6. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Found out the other night just how not ready my character is to take on Cabalists... when I was clearing 2/3rds of a random siege I happened upon for xp, and not one, but THREE of them spawned without warning! I managed to get away from them initially, but they eventually caught me and wiped me in seconds. Later, I tried one alone, and the best I could manage was a scratch before it took only marginally longer to wipe me again.

On the plus side, I could manage every other npc in the scene, and got 100 wood, among other things, from the siege engineers I had been clearing!

7. Almar

Almar Avatar

If you did that pre patch, good luck now!

8. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Actually, I’ve actually done it... with the exception of melee and the next tier mobs (champion, marksman and high wizard)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.