Silent declaration of being disappointed by founder mass production

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grayhawk, Feb 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grayhawk

Grayhawk Avatar

We know words and arguments won't change what's going on. But we can show in a quiet way that we disagree with founder title having lost its meaning. Founder tier items won't show any more that the owner did believe in the SotA team and the idea of the game in a very early phase and was willing to give money even if many things still were unknown at this stage. There is nothing special about being a founder any more.

Even if it can't make things undone, I'm having a huge desire to show the SotA team that I'm very sad about this situation.

If you're feeling the same, you don't need to answer, just like. Words won't help anyway.

2. InsaneMembrane

InsaneMembrane Avatar

That is pretty much how any normal person is going to feel about what is going on and you are right, no amount of words and arguments will change it.

I agree with you and one should never hold back their opinions if you wish things to change or let someone know ho you feel. I will just say here that I also disagree with what is going on and that I won't go 'Insane' and post about it on my blog or anything :p

Ned888, BillRoy [ab], Subotai and 7 others like this.
  3. Parallaxe

Parallaxe Avatar

I share Grayhawk's view. I had the same thoughts after I heard about the program, but wasn't brave enough to raise it myself (or felt like it's just me having these thoughts)

There's no doubt that it's a great thing for different parties:
    - the (original) founders have an opportunity to collect referral bonuses
    - the benefactors have a chance to become founders after all
    - from what I've seen, it led to new pledges (= financial boost for Portalarium)

From a wider angle it all looks nice, but I still agree with Grayhawk, that all of a sudden my early committment to this project and my founder status feel less valuable (and valued?) now.

4. Grayhawk

Grayhawk Avatar

@monxter: Thanks for sharing your opinion. But please understand that this thread is not for discussing different views but only to demonstrate without writing much there are many people out there that don't like what happens. If you want to discuss, one of the other threads may be more adequate.

Lord Albert and AdamZax like this.
  5. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

It would be nice, if there would still be implemented some difference for early founders and late founders (if Portalarium can determine the date of the pledge for house placement, they could for sure arrange something, which makes a difference - even if only optical, i.e. different color and labeling of some signs/items - of course meaning more work, but the more money income could justify just this).
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

6. monxter

monxter Avatar

I see. I'll take my words back then :p
    [​IMG]

Sanctius, Bubonic, Subotai and 8 others like this.
  7. Lordy

Lordy Avatar

*Nods*

8. da.n.ynu.tk.os.@gmail.com

da.n.ynu.tk.os.@gmail.com Avatar

I fully agree with what is written here even though I am not so silent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3devious, licemeat, Alexander and 2 others like this.
  9. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Grayhawk +1

Grayhawk likes this.
  10. Curt

Curt Avatar

Yes

Grayhawk likes this.
  11. Carlin the Druid Archer

Carlin the Druid Archer Avatar

Hey guys, just one thing, you know it has always been possible for a Founder to gift a Founder pledge from the beginning though? So this isn't really something new, it's just that people have only started making mass use of it now.

Jambo, Time Lord, Jambot and 3 others like this.
  12. Nuemcy

Nuemcy Avatar

Yes, Monxter... how dare you interrupt Grayhawk's grandiose soap box standing with agreeing with her

edit: heh, freudian slip, put "my" inplace of Grayhawk's..derp! too much study Hero's journey first person :)

13. Grayhawk

Grayhawk Avatar

No I didn't know that the pledge would give Founder status to the donee and that would be possible for a long time after KS.

14. Carlin the Druid Archer

Carlin the Druid Archer Avatar

They didn't make it very clear at the start which is likely why it took people so long to realise, but I'm sure it wasn't intentional.

On the positive side of things, it's raising a lot of new money for the development of the game - take a look how much the total raised has increased over the weekend. Going to mean more money to make the game better for everyone hopefully.

15. Nuemcy

Nuemcy Avatar

I'm thinking it's more like folks didn't take into consideration what that exactly meant and how they might feel about it, glossed over it and now others see an advantage and human nature takes over...

There's no reason Portalarium needed to put blinking arrows and neon on this small part of the KS to watch out for later on... sheesh, you are getting a taste of the game right now don't you realize! this is life and you've been spoon feed exclamation points and quest chains up until now... it's time to start thinking for yourself and take off the horse blinders or buy a shovel to dig out your head once and awhile!

Also, I'd like a Add-on for some to buy a sense of humor and a mirror

16. Grayhawk

Grayhawk Avatar

@Nuemcy: Why are you writing so aggressive in a thread that's clearly declared as quiet and doesn't affront other players?

Alexander likes this.
  17. Nuemcy

Nuemcy Avatar

It would not make sense to simple gloss over your post either Grayhawk

It's not silent even though you attempt to normalize it that way, it's in the same spirit as everyone else is that is complicit with you in posting about this
    A small minority group is attempting to raise a stink about how they 'feel' about this topic with NO consideration of the big picture and the needs for the Land of New Britannia!

If you where REALLY attempting to give to a cause that you TRULY believed in, right now all these ppl wouldn't...SHOULDN'T be acting this way and I'm saddened.

edit: plus, where else do you make the most noise? .. where it's quite hehe

18. Grayhawk

Grayhawk Avatar

So we should shut up and just swallow?

I think you can't even imagine the meaning of it as you didn't witness what happened and how it felt and feels now.

19. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

No, you should voice your opinion within forum rules and as loudly as you feel you must. But please stop telling people that 1. this is a silent protest (that's obviously not true) and 2. That this forum post is only on topic if you're in support of the silent protest. No one should be telling you to be silent anymore than they should be telling the people that disagree with you.

As I stated in another thread, I can totally see why original founders would feel like the their world was caving in on them right now. I have real empathy for you guys on some levels. But what I don't understand is the tone that many original founders have - essentially telling new founders they're not worthy of the founder rewards because they missed some arbitrary date. I've spent good money on this game and I only missed being a founder by a month. In fact if you think about it, I've spent much more than MOST founders have - but until now I didn't even have an opportunity to get the most rewards. How fair was that?

My advice to you is to think about the good this is going to do for the game. It means more people, more money for development, and more opportunity to make the world of New Britannia better than it would've been.

Nuemcy likes this.
  20. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

[​IMG]

I think ill make a new one for each of these threads..

Mishri, DeftAvatar, Godra71 and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.