Silver mining?

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Study_Break, Jul 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whyterose Flowers

Whyterose Flowers Avatar

Oh is that less than a 5 skull area?

2. Lord John Whorfin

Lord John Whorfin Avatar

Why people always want thing to be SO EASY. When something become hard that always have someone to cry and said "I want this thing to be easy" " I want this thing to be doable in 1 month" . Artisan is hard, long, and long and long. And i HOPE that will never change. People sold thing ridiculously low price atm cause some people find a way to level it fast. And its pain. It never should be like that. I'm artisan and nothing else and i'm happy to have to work thousand of hours to be GM in all of them, and mine thousand and thousand and thousand of ore to GM mastercraft. Thats hors its suppose to be. Artisan is not suppose to be for everyone. It should be rare to have a GrandMaster Artisan and i hope it will stay like that.

Hints: I mine around 300-500 ore silver each day (and i work) no help, and i've low fight skill. Just explore by ourself. If you want to be great artisan, work for it, explore for it, and stop crying about how its long, or how its hard. If you want to be GM Artisan with casual playing, and in a couple of month, change profession and do a fighter, money is easy to do so you'll be able to buy your thing from someone who will have worked hard to be a great Artisan.

Thats my opinion.

(No offense to anyone just dont like people always want game to be SOOO EASY).

postulio, mbomber, nimueCW and 6 others like this.
  3. Shade Cido

Shade Cido Avatar

Don't think this about being artisan or crafting being too difficult- it's about an entire skill tree (taming) requiring a resource to train that is either very difficult or very expensive to acquire (especially now that is used in masterworks). It's not like the skill itself is overpowered or that tamers have a massive advantage over say a Mage with a elemental.

If it was overpowered then the issue is with the selling of high level pets to low level players, which I don't agree with anyway (think you should only be able to control it if u can tame it).

I'm sure if reagents or coal were only available in 5 skull areas for example, Mages and smiths would complain a bit too - and rightly so.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    4EverLost and Tiki Pirate like this.
  4. Lord John Whorfin

Lord John Whorfin Avatar

I understand your point Shade, i'm not totally disagree with the fact of great creature from taming can be buy and owned by low player. That shouldn't be.

But for the silver use, technicly its two branch totally different, taming and masterwork, people should choose one way, and not two. Its what i've done for now, you do masterwork, or you do a tamer. If you do both you'll take forever and i think its correct like that.

I'm not totally disagree with the fact silver is just acquired from 5 skulls zone, wich make it pain for low lvl player who want to level taming. It should have some spot at lower level, maybe with less quantity, but that a point that should be think.

mbomber likes this.
  5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Complaining about a resource because a skill uses it? sorry but that is a non starter.

The actual systems in game are still in development and need HUGE adjustments.

Taming is one of the worst since the control of a pet is an insult to any true tamer. sure great for profit but complete JOKE.

If they do now fix it in the end every player will have a Ferocious SPider as a pet and zero taming and use it when it is good, which it is just about everywhere.

As for resources give them time.

Of course in the end when they get off their behinds and actually balance stuff out It will be way to late at it will then become the have and have not's.

they have set up a game where the Gamers are going to just make it so the players are going to want nothing more to do with the game.

So now they have to leave things as they are as any changes massively screw players, gamers don't care they are pretty much already set.

mbomber likes this.
  6. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

That info is out of date, you can go into Etceter, Owl's nest, Elysium, Graff Gems, and Hilt in a party now. (haven't checked the others)
    (they just can't zone to you while you are inside)

7. Shade Cido

Shade Cido Avatar

I never said you could'nt enter these areas with other players but the mine is instanced to you - you and your party.

What you will not encounter while in these mine is any other player who did not enter the mine with your party. This is to my knowledge is the same for Ecteter, Graff Gem and Eylisum as I have mined all 3 of these in this release. I don't know about Hilt or Spectral as I have'nt been to these mines yet. While in these areas you are basically in 'Friend Online' mode while inside and will only return to Multiplayer mode once you leave.

This is why you are not allowed to teleport to players in these mines as they are in their own personal/party instance.

8. Gnarxly

Gnarxly Avatar

Honestly I'm happy that it takes time. Reading complaints like this makes me think of WoW sindrome where everyone gets epics served on a plater every day.
    The thing is we all have it the same. Meaning that new pet tier level or that lucky tripple enchant you did are so much more valuable. Sure we could all get 5000 silver deposited into our backpacks but beyond being happy for 5 seconds, what good would that be the next day when everyone else has it too?

mbomber, Fister Magee, Aimend and 4 others like this.
  9. Sea Hunter

Sea Hunter Avatar

I agree! Heck in UO old school UO it took me 2 years to GM Blacksmithing. It was an awesome feeling when I finally hit it. To this day I remember where I was the moment I hit GM in game. The only other time I had such a rush completing something in a game was when I ground out my Jedi unlock in SWG the old way off holocrons and mastering 22 professions to get it. I wish more games had such accomplishments that took time and patience to achieve.

mbomber, nimueCW, Duffy and 4 others like this.
  10. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

When I went into Verdantis Mines (accessible via Verdantis Foothills) I pulled out 36 silver ore in one visit. Very nice. :)

The whole place is a 5 skull area though, so if you aren't comfortable dealing with that sort of content yet (understandable! it took me a while too) then bring a friend or two with you. Plenty of silver nodes for everyone!

mbomber likes this.
  11. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

It looks like the key to getting enough ore is meticulous collection.

Right now I'm finding decent silver ore in Elysium mines but the key is to kill everything mine everything if your loops are slow enough you can loop forever getting about 40 ore on the first loop and 20 each loop after. I think the power players are just charging straight to the silver running out using party reforms to reset and repeating. You can get more ore per hour that way but not much compared to the hassle. The problem is that by charging straight to the target ore, most of it hasn't spawned yet, and your missing out on the copper gems and xp

I'd encourage all my fellow miners to slow down just a bit and see if their mining experience doesn't appear to get better

mbomber and Adam Crow like this.
  12. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

Just gotta say, the mage summons are no where near the strength of a tamed creature. So yes, taming does currently have a massive advantage over mage summons until they buff the mage summons, if they ever do. And taming should be stronger than mage summons since it requires a lot of silver and is it's own skill tree, but the difference shouldn't be as huge as it is now imo. For example, the strongest mage summon in terms of damage is the Lich I believe. It has 328 hitpoints and I've seen it crit for as much as 34 damage. It's life slowly decays over time. My Ferocious Wolf Spider on the other hand lasts until it dies and crits for 60 damage. It also attacks at least twice as fast as the Lich and webs enemies.

It does suck that the main resource required for taming is only in 5 skull areas, but with the current power of the tamed summons, I can see why that's the case.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  13. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

Early on, you can farm the treasure room in the Tower of the Shuttered Eye. Gives silver, gold and a ton of stuff to salvage.

At the current mining rate, one does need to specialize in either BS, Tailoring or Taming.

Fister Magee likes this.
  14. Jon B

Jon B Avatar

This person on Graff Island that owns a castle needs to cut his grass and put down some smelting stations...

15. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

[​IMG]

Nadomir, Adam Crow and Snazz like this.
  16. Tibs

Tibs Avatar

There are different people, each a paying customer, and different people have different values. Different people wish to enjoy themselves, but what that means will vary with the person. It doesn't make you better or worse that you prefer whatever you consider challenging, it just makes you yet another different person. Portalarium surely desires to satisfy as many of those different people as possible while accepting the fact that it is humanly impossible to satisfy everyone completely. So balancing will always be a compromise. They will have to factor your desire for a challenge, which some would call masochistic, and balance what you consider optimal by factoring the desire of others for accessibility, which you consider inferior or weak. And having factored those extremes on the spectrum of difficulty, they will most heavily weight the final outcome with the needs of the game's design.

So the answer to your question (Why do people wants things to be 'easy'), is that it is because the other people are your equals, but they happen to enjoy differently than you do.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    Chatele and Hawkshield like this.
  17. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

I would like to see more areas with silver, but I do not have any real issues with it being rare outside of 5 skull areas. The taming collars are about the only thing you might need before you can adventure in 5 skull areas anyways. I think people just need to stop expecting to be able to rush through everything. I can cautiously solo Elysium, and my only improved item is an Iron Sword of Tempestry that has an extra +20 HP on it. My self-crafted cloth armor is not yet enchanted or masterworked... heck, it isn't even fustian or carapacian (though I did finally upgrade to a fustian epic chest last night!). I am not a 24x7 player, but there is definitely strategy for advancement. Make sure you are locking your skills to channel experience gains where you want them. I used a system of locking skills at 40 so I could get deeper into trees faster and then once I had what I wanted trained, I could unlock all skills I wanted to grow. Its been working well. When I do get my hands on some good gear, it should be fairly game changing for my capabilities.

Tibs likes this.
  18. agra

agra Avatar

By the time I could get to the silver, I didn't need a pet at all. :( If the intent is that players mine the silver themselves and advance taming as they progress, it's quite backwards at the moment, from my perspective.

Chatele likes this.
  19. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

The intent is that adventuring and crafting are different systems and different progressions. The idea is not for everyone to craft their own stuff, but for people to collaborate and form an economy. In this instance, they broke it by requiring a rare resource to train an entry level skill for an entire tree. And then doubled down by making that same resource required for advanced crafting for other products. This ends up pricing novice tamers out of purchasing the collars they require because raw silver prices are too high.

I would personally solve this through the addition of multiple taming collar tiers. Maybe Animal Collar + Gold Engravings = 1 skull critters, and then use the higher level engraving kits for stronger critters. Gives novices more reasonable price entry points. But also makes sure you aren't taming the best pets with cheap collars.

Hawkthalas, Chatele and Hawkshield like this.
  20. Lord John Whorfin

Lord John Whorfin Avatar

@Tibs I understand your view, but personally, if people like playing a easy game where you get to the "end game" in a couple of month, i hope we'll never set the game to make this kind of people happy. Its my opinion and im certain a ton of people here in this kind of game are here to take there time, to enjoy every face of the game, every side of what Portalarium team have worked hard to make our experience inside SotA to be unforgottable.

Imo they have not pass over 3 years working that hard to make this game so wonderful like it is right now, to broke it by satisfy some people who want to be able to reach "endgame" and have the best armor, and the biggest house, and the most money, in a couple of month.

I respect whatever the way people want to play and want to have fun. Thats the beauty of this kind of game, you play like you want, but never at the price of a great game become so easy that everyone have the same thing and reach the "end" in a couple of month, then after couple years this game become a loop, and a lot of great player leave because of that, just to satisfied somme people who dont want to have a little work to do before reaching great thing. In my opinion this kind of game is made to be long, "hard" as possible, and where everyone could have fun in the way they want, but if the way you want to have fun is to do closely nothing, and have your bank full of money just by sitting there, and able to fight dragon at 200 HP after couple of week... imo you are at the wrong place.

Bow Vale likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.