simple math :-)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stundorn, Jul 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deana Beretta

Deana Beretta Avatar

Yes, I was trying to support your arguments. But I have been bested. I admit defeat.

Stundorn likes this.
  2. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

That's a problem since long time.
    O remember struggling as a pure Mage in R30ies and they said things to me that were ridiculous.
    Like they atm say, go UT, you are quicker level 100 than you can switch zones.
    But i dont want to be pulled to highlevel from other highlevel and do nothing but get xp. I can heal, but who cares, i can do damage with my level 80 skills, but who cares? It's pointless if i stand still in any corner or fake some contribution to the fight. I recognized that very early when i did some Trolls 2 years ago, then Dragons or whatever you can do in this game.
    I was obsolete and just there to get more xp.
    The whole game is much much too much about progress and xp/hr.
    Oh my i think of CP exploits and whatnot.
    That is what destroyed SotA what destroys any sandbox gameplay, traderoutes, pvp and so much more.

Xandra7 likes this.
  3. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Dude you are getting double xp, gear and whatnot. Played the game 2016/17? No?
    Ok. And what are you doing the whole day? grinding i guess and min maxing.
    Sorry.
    Had you help from Videos , knowledge how to do this and that from Veteran players or did you find everything by yourself?
    No arguing neccessary i know the answers already.

4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Being good in pvp is alot more about your gear and what skills your using than it is about grinding levels.

Blood bay was capped at 80 for skills, i dunno if the obsidian trials are but i wasn’t getting 1-shot or doing any 1-shotting when i was in there, and i in no way tried to minmax my build for it.

Kor demostrated a while back he could pvp in the fall at just level 60.

PvPing doesnt take time or practice. Getting really good at it does

And just to mention that the new obsidian trials is casual friendly PVP. You cant lose anything, only win stuff. And you respawn in 5 seconds and jump right back in.

2112Starman likes this.
  5. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Sorry, but your own arguments are working against your claims to ultimate knowledge...

Double xp? You mean what everyone else also has access to? Yeah, I am... but also have a life, so I definitely was not always able to take advantage of that. I spent more of my time out of double xp than in.

Played in 2016/17? A little in 2016, just after permanence, but due to the DX9 problem they created for themselves, I haven't been able to play until r52, when I got a new computer. And then, there's that part of my post where I said I started from scratch... solo... with no aid whatsoever. The only thing I took from my earlier experience was the certain knowledge that I would have to complete side quests, and the knowledge of where some of those were , to close the gap between where one main storyline chain would leave me and where I needed to be to continue.

Playing the whole day> Grinding? Not at all... rolled through the starter portions of all three quests and did the side quests available in the Hidden Vale, which moved me up to about adventurer level 50, and was able to move from there to completing the main quest line, and did others for the occasional boost in xp so I could handle higher level content.

And MIN... MAXING???? Did you just ASSUME my playstyle???? (lol... j/k) As stated previously, I am more casual than casual, and since my play time is limited, so is my time spent delving into what can do what for me to best advantage... so, no...

Nice try to shut down an argument that wasn't an argument, that you lost before you started...

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Vaiden Luro likes this.
  6. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Well, he's Drizzet not Drizzt. Only making the distinction because we have both and one is a streamer and not my Drizz. ;)

No, he cannot solo the game. However, given what sieges ARE it seemed odd that one could solo them. And yes, he was doing so after only that short amount of time. He works full time and has a life too, so...

7. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Lol... yeah, I think I may have talked to him in game and thanked him for what the streamer posted, not realizing they weren't one and the same.

Also, as he pointed out, the streamer's name is Drizzt, but his character name is something else entirely ;)

8. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Avatar

You can definitely make important impacts in a group with majority of your "active" skills at between 80-90. I have a buddy where his skills used to be at around 80- mid 80s and he was making important contribution in the group.

In fact our group would not be able to kill the 3 dragons in Grunvald Shardfall (2 together and 1 by itself)without his help. I can confidently say that his contribution in terms of both dps and support had significant impact on our hunt. Have to also mention he did not own any so called op gears.

If you have all the actively used skills at around rank 80s and feeling that you aren't doing much in a group, perhaps a re-evaluation of deck set up or skill combinations can further improve the effectiveness of your game play.

9. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

He did run with @Paulie Walnuts for sieges. Sometimes went to the Havoc apprenticeship parties (GM leeching party) but otherwise he's a pretty lone rider gaming-wise. He's just really good at games, a machine really. Again, sometimes people just aren't very good at games and some are like Drizzet. *shrug*

There is a basic skill set one needs to bring to the table besides skills and levels as well. You could be GM'ed to the eyeballs and practice but at the end of the day, it's really all about the skill of the player and how they use the tools they're given.

timelordian5 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.