Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Since we have roving encounters, can stealth work in Novia?

Discussion in 'Release 35 Feedback Forum' started by Jefe, Nov 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Plain and simple. Give stealth a bit more meaning as a way to bypass roving encounters. Make it available for use, both skill and magic version. Standing still version to break LoS when you've been spotted and mobile for sneaking by that4th skeleton encounter that would result in just 2 loading screens back to back.

2. ValsNoisyToys

ValsNoisyToys Avatar

I would love stealth to have an effect on approaching overland roving encounters as well, and could tie into comments I've added below.

I've also moved a comment that I accidentally put in the bug forum (on this post here) to this thread.
    ======
    Roving encounters being unhindered by terrain may be by design, but IMO this is a problem especially when you run into encounter after encounter after encounter. (Reported, up to 8 in a row now next happens right after exiting the previous one, can't get away).

@Sannio please reconsider this.

NB: I'm trying not to be negative here, but I'm a bit frustrated right now due to the above mentioned issue. I'm aware my issues are not those of everyone.

I really think the roving encounters should be at least somewhat affected by the terrain, if we are affected . If we're talking immersion / rp - it doesn't really make sense that they get a pass on the movement penalty, and frankly I don't find it an engaging gameplay mechanic to never have a chance to escape unless I have lightening reflexes, which I don't. In effect giving them the element of surprise, always (for me).

Maybe if they only get affected with a lesser terrain movement penalty if they are really close to you would be possible? So the player would still be affected to a greater degree if you're both on the same kind of terrain, but if you make it to the road first, you have a chance. I haven't had a problem avoiding them if I can see them far enough away, but to have no chance if they happen to be really close by is an issue for me, and I'm sure will be for others who have reflex issues.

I have terrible luck in general and my reaction time isn't always the fastest, so yeah, I'll always be caught - unencumbered, or not (usually, I'm not).

underbutler, Quenton and LoneStranger like this.
  3. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

i'd start using stealth jusgt for that reason... and those roving encounters chase you FOREVER and a day... and if you run into a forest off the road, on the overland map, or any obstacle really, it should confuse the mobs so you can get away from them easier.

ValsNoisyToys likes this.
  4. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

While we're at it, the speed boost should probably work a little bit as well.

5. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Yes why not let us use bin combat spells and skills on over land? You add these amazingly immersive roaming load screens, to make the overland map Oh so Fun. But then don't let use use skills we built up to help our avatar navigate this world.

****Can you find the sarcasm in the above post?*****

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.