Single player offline launch date

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bubonic, Feb 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

It has already been established that companions will not be complete and respawn rates will not be adjusted for single player offline before launch.

Those two items are massive parts of the single player offline story, and without them we do not have the game as it's meant to be played.

Is there any chance we can actually get a launch date for the single player offline game?

Nhili Dragon, AvatarGG, mass and 5 others like this.
  2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Twice you've said this, yet here it is in the Q1 (ie prior to launch) schedule. Are you doing that on purpose or just not reading the plan?

3. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

The game releases on March 27th. As a Single Player RPG and Sandbox MMO (according to the description on the box).

Blackghost, Salix and twofoldsilence like this.
  4. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

So we will get other companions than Fiona when the game releases in March?

Salix and twofoldsilence like this.
  5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

You see what I see. The word is plural so here's hoping!

6. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

The dev have already gone on record saying the companions are not complete and will not be complete at launch. Stop trolling my thread please

7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I must have missed that part.

What about respawn rates, aren't they already setting them up to be different? Are they on record saying that's not making it by release as well?

8. MindBlast

MindBlast Avatar

After launch, like DS wrote in Q1 schedule post.

9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Ok, I see it, my apologies.

10. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

...now that that's all cleared up....

@DarkStarr @Berek

Would it be possible to get a launch date for Single Player Offline?

Spoon likes this.
  11. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

I wish to be proven wrong, a completed great Single Player Offline experience is the castle in the air ... a false hope.

cobran and twofoldsilence like this.
  12. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

27th of March ;)

Astirian likes this.
  13. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

As you guys know, the launch date is set for March 27. We can't split the date on the different modes I'm afraid.

rpgmaniac82 likes this.
  14. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

...but you guys have already said that single player offline wont be ready at launch, so that response doesnt actually make a lot of sense.

Call it what you want, i guess, but can we get a date when single player offline will be complete and ready to play?

amaasing, gtesser, majoria70 and 3 others like this.
  15. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I'd recommend actually talking about this within the team and consider that idea for a moment.

If you are going to launch with ads and commercials etc then you don't want a large portion of players wanting the single player experience to go through it before it is ready for prime time. (During Shroud-of-the-Avatar's first year it was clear that about 48% of kickstarter backers where interested in the offline single player only. That is a decent amount of players.)

So the question then becomes is the game in single player offline mode ready for prime time without the post-launch listed improved offline respawns, improved offline economy, more offline companions, etc.
    If the answer is Yes in that the management (Richard/Dallas/Starr/Chris) thinks it is ready for prime time without those, then own that and state clearly that the offline mode is ready for launch and will be fun and exciting. While if it really isn't, then own that instead and set a date when such features will be in. Heck, you could even spin it as a "free offline focus expansion release" or something to that effect. As long as the message is clear that improvements for the offline experience is coming at this or that date.

Because right now it is a mixed message we get about offline single player in that it is ready but lots of the planned features are post launch - which leaves room for interpretation and confusion which is not a good thing.

EDIT
    Oh, I should note that why I write the IF up there is because I haven't played offline myself, so I have no clue whether or not it is ready. I have only used offline for testing purposes, never to really see how enjoyable it is.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  16. smack

smack Avatar

If Fiona is going to be included at launch, will she get another polish pass to unclone the placeholder NPC, fix Companion combat scaling, AI, dialog, etc. in R51 or R52?

17. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

I think it will be done from Release to Release until end of year ...

18. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Once again, the Spoon of Elegance strolls in and lays it out better than I ever could. Well said, sir.

I would, however, add the following @Berek @DarkStarr :

Respawn Rates and Companions are a lot more than simply missing "favorite features". Unlike most other items on that list (no disrespect to other members waiting for their favorite features, of course), these are integral and fundamental mechanics that will dramatically impact the way SotA plays. Without them, the game simply isn't done.

Please reconsider your current stance.

19. Corv

Corv Avatar

Sooo... is @DarkStarr The False Prophet?? dun dun duuunnn

[​IMG]

Sorry, couldn't resist. I am outa here again.
    :D

20. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

@Berek @DarkStarr

So it's been about 8 hours since this response and it kiiinda feels like the thread has been abandoned, and is now being ignored despite multiple quotes and tags. If this is not the case, ignore this message :)

But if it IS the case, then that would in turn suggest that the devs consider the above reply to be perfectly adequate, despite the well-reasoned rebuttal.

Especially considering the points so succinctly pointed out by @Spoon and clumsily tacked on by myself, I don't think the request of this thread is being unreasonable. And forgive me if I'm overstepping here, but I think the Single Player Offline fans in this community (48%!!) deserve a bit more than what essentially amounts to "Nope. Too bad."

Bubonic steps off of his soapbox and slinks back into the shadows, watching.

Mortanius, 3devious, Pickley and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.