1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Single Player Offline: Unique Features

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abraxas

Abraxas Avatar

P.S. I'm really looking forward to story mode. Can't wait to see what sort of twists and turns the devs have cooked up.

2. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

No transition between offline and online at all.

You can consider them two separate games, in two separated worlds, with two separated chars of yours.

3. Abraxas

Abraxas Avatar

Interesting. I guess that is the tidiest approach.

4. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

It is in a very rough state, but it does work. And it actually leads to some pretty funny/awkward situations too. At least one NPC.... lets just say doesnt like it when you bother them on breaks =p

5. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

*bump bump*

It's been about 18 months since this update. Has anything changed in terms of the overall plan or timeframe?

Could we please get a new "Offline Mode" update?

Specifically:

1. Can you please offer an overview of the capabilities for Companions that you plan to implement? Will they disagree with the Avatar on which ethical choices to make? Will they eventually have combat abilities that are different from pets? Will be able to equip them?

2. How do you plan to address the passage of time and world change states in Offline Mode? What kinds of mechanisms do you intend to implement that are going to create a feel of "moving forward" in time during Offline Mode? Will NPCs be following daily schedules and routines? And if so.. with the player have to "wait around" for the right time of day/night to engage the NPC in order to progress?

3. Can you give an example of what sort of "consequences" the Avatar will face for making ethical decisions. So far, it seems to affect very little...

4. Will "finding" items hidden behind or underneath other items be a part of the Offline Mode gameplay as was in U6-7? If not, why not?

5. We understand that the three main arc of story are the Truth, Love, and Courage paths. But are you planning to reveal all the "branches" of the story before Episode 1? In other words... upon launch of Episode 1 will there be anything new for us that we didn't see pre-release in terms of the story?

6. Please tell us what is your general plan with respect to finding Easter Eggs in Offline Mode.

7. What are the primary determinants of whether or not Offline Mode features such as above make it into Episode 1 or get pushed further out. Who on the team is taking the lead on Offline Mode?

8. Finally... taking into consideration the current thought on which elements of Offline Mode will make it into Episode 1... which of those elements do you think will make the game most enjoyable for the offline player? And why?

Thanks for everything, and I'm sure many are looking forward to some updates!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

The team is too small to handle making the multi player and the offline game all at once, they just do what they can, when they can. So the time-line is sketchy at best, well not even sketchy, they just don't know. The offline won't be made until after also imo, and if you want updates in the status of this, you will be waiting a very, very, very long time lol. Single player enthusiasts have wanted updates the whole time and no it can't be given because it isn't known. Too much to do with too little to do it all, well just my opinion as always ;)

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  7. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Peer pressure... nice. Everybody has their own bias and it ought to get more ridged even to the point of disassociating with somebody considering they were brought up in a city where they were taught how that particular virtue is supposed to be worshiped. If these companions really believe and have strong conviction over these virtues I would be shocked if they just let the avatar trample their worldview underfoot.

8. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

My happiest and most frustrated moments in the single player games was when Iolo or another follower would ditch me because I was "evil" *cough cough* I mean because we didn't always see eye to eye. I was actually super disappointed that the same companions that held me to a certain standard in U7 part one would let me ****, murder, and pillage to my hearts content in U7 part two with no consequence. If they don't hold you to a higher standard here I'll be very disappointed in the single player offline game.

Jaanelle DeJure likes this.
  9. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

A new update would be very appreciated...

Sir Cabirus and Jaanelle DeJure like this.
  10. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

Just don't eat food off of tables. It's the ultimate sin! Even if the owner is dead, let that stuff rot. Nothing will make your companions storm off faster than eating a few apples and a piece of bread without dropping it in your pack first. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.