Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Single White Wolf Seeks Love

Discussion in 'Release 42 Feedback Forum' started by SabeSr, Jun 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

Sounds like a Dating site ad...

I think the jump from one level of creature xp reward to the next harder is too wide... just because its easy to kill doesn't mean I shouldn't earn something... there doesn't seem to be a happy medium when I go solo hunting, its either really hard and gain some xp OR it is super easy and virtually no xp. Very hard to hold a steady xp pool.

Now I understand there is a bonus (however unnecessary) for grouping up... I get it, promote grouping... could have done that easier just by adding a general in-game chat we could find others in, the group finder feature would be great too... but honestly why I'm here is seeking some love for those of us who solo most of the time.

I fight greens my XP stays around 0 pool and if I move to an area where they are yellow and I gradually fill my pool approximately 1000 per kill... it takes forever to kill one and if I get two I barely survive and sometimes die.

Now I have grouped up a few times and I can earn 25k xp pool in under an hour... for me to get that solo takes 12 hours and a lot of deaths and a lot of armor weapon damage. Loot and gold tends to be equal or slightly better going solo.

I think a good solution would be to increase the XP reward for the weaker creatures... groups don't bother with them solo players are almost forced to but never gain much because of the lack of xp for them.

2. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

It really seems like there are a couple of things you could do to improve your situation. I think you might truly be fighting in the wrong places altogether. I have no idea how you could be gaining only 12K XP in many hours of play. Something is wrong. We'd probably need to know more about your character build/skills, and your vision of what you WANT out of your character build. I think you also may want to turn off the leveling of many skills so that you can actually build up a pool. If you're in an area, fighting mobs that are giving you too little XP, then you need to find a different hunting ground and/or level only a few skills at a time. There are these middle ground areas. You just have to find them.

Give us some info about your skills, and your adventurer level if possible. You have to type /stats in the chat area to get a log file created to see what your adventurer level is. This would help figure out what you might do, or where you might go to make this situation better.

3. TheWanderingPoet

TheWanderingPoet Avatar

Not entirely true that we groupers don't do weaker enemies. I spend most of my group time getting xp off of greens.

As for fighting yellows. I fight yellows when I do solo, and even though I am a healer I have no issue handling 3 enemies with lv 40 combat skills.

Agreed on what Nikko said, something is definitely off about making that little xp. Likely there is either a flaw in your build or a really bad bug.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.