Skeletal mage spell effects changes

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by jammaplaya, May 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

In my opinion skeletal mages are using the wrong type of magic, given their undead nature.

Not sure exactly what spell they're casting but they certainly do glow brightly.

Maybe they should use death magic instead, and maybe they already are but the animation doesn't match whatever spell that is. Every time I see a skeletal mage it's glowing like an angel!

On top of just seeming out of place and breaking immersion, I also find that those spell effects cause me quite a bit of lag. It's my fault for using low spec machines maybe, lower than the min req even, but still it could be toned down a bit or something. I wonder if there's a way to turn off npc spell effects to promote performance? Is there an option for it?

Just a tip for anyone who also lags when face to face with a luminous skeleton or other spell effect lag causer: look straight up. Once the spell effects are off screen performance goes back to normal, so you just look straight up and keep attacking. Honestly, the spell effects are such a drain for me I can't even enter key commands because they never get through. lol.. When fighting off 3-7 ghosts I can't even move.

Skeletal mages though, are they using life magic on themselves??

2. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

I certainly hope not! As we all know, healing/life magic should hurt them! This is simple fantasy knowledge people. ;)

Jaesun and jammaplaya like this.
  3. Ostvel

Ostvel Avatar

Yeah it seems like they are trying to supernova lol

Baratan and jammaplaya like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.