Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Skeleton Roving Encounter difficulty

Discussion in 'Release 35 Feedback Forum' started by WehTeheFf, Oct 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WehTeheFf

WehTeheFf Avatar

So I ran into a Skeleton encounter today. Initially I thought "oh well, another group of 72 hitpoints skeletons *YAWN*", but then about 8 (didn't count them properly, sorry) Hardened Skeleton Archers arose and started shooting pointy sticks into my middle walking appendage joint.
    The number and strength of enemies was totally fine for me, but the fact that they were all gathered in one location almost made me run out of hitpoints.

I think it might be worth considering to either mix the Archers with some melee or maybe distribute the spawn a bit more evenly across the scene. Depending on entry point, lag and movement speed that can be a fight that's impossible not to die in.

2. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

hmmmm... maybe the Oracle read your mind, saw what you were thinking and decided to spawn a bunch of Hardened Skeleton Archers instead of the typical weak ones... hehehe ^_^

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  3. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Lol sometimes i get surprised by the level as im so used to low stuff. It is NICE having some encounters tougher for sure. I think since they just kinda implemented it though, that the roving encounters will be getting worked on pretty steadily. So as with most things, id expect balancing to be coming =)

4. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

This is definitely not a new encounter, been getting them a lot, but then I spend a lot of time in Drachvald which prior to roving had mostly field encounters... Field-Based encounters tend to be more difficult than road based I find. But yes, the chaining aggro / aggro groups have amped up the difficulty. It is pretty insane to be charged by 6+ anything at once, regardless of how easy or hard they may be.

Dirk Hammerstrike likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.