Skill Progression - Higher leves mean very little 80 is a good as 100??

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Weins201, Nov 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

How does hard caps have anything to do with this at all ?/? If they capped out at 100 then the difference between 80 and 100 would look exactly the same it would just mean there is no 100 which means even less??

Sorry totally missed the mark.

2. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Oh yeah I wanted to say hard caps and a bonus for getting a GM aka making GM something worthwhile... I dunno why I missed that in the post. ^^

3. Xkhan

Xkhan Avatar

I love the math and thought that goes into all this - one of the things that I love about MMO and wanting to maximize / be the most efficient. The gap I see is lack of information - and I am guessing this is on purpose as they may still be tweaking.

For example unless one can account for every variable it's pointless to test right?
    Does the type of creature have resistance or weakness to damage type?
    Does the time of day impact the damage type?
    What is str/dex/int impact to damage?
    How are the bonuses from weapons/armor/food added to the calculation?
    What is the skill level of the glyph?
    What is the attunement of the tower?
    What is adventure level?
    What is level of creature?

Clearly we know a couple - but is it enough to draw real conclusions and demands for change? IDK...

That said there are some things brought up that are head scratchers regardless of the known....like he said should a crit hit ever hit for lower amount than normal hit range?

Myself- I've let it go and just focusing on getting glyphs I want to use to 100 - and second priority is working on attunement and int/dex/str.....my problem is I keep switching what I want to be so I have lots to work on (and I love it). :)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    Bankee, Spoon and Fister Magee like this.
  4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Yeah I know - there is so much unknown on how things work but if the base is off from the start then???

Also if you look carefully at 8 you get 5 glyphs for any skill and the rest from 80 - 100 does not seem to be worth it :-(

But you get the general idea - something is wonky

5. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

I love the game, but yeah skills seem broken. I would be so happy if they would just fix taming!

Boradic Boneslasher likes this.
  6. Jayfire

Jayfire Avatar

I think it would be cool if once you hit 100 your bonus actually increases faster, but since it takes about as much to get to 100 as it does 110 it would still take a lot of experience to get the added bonus but it would give people the desire to focus more on particular skills or build, make for more unique characters across the board and a reason to go gm and above. I mean right now I can get five skills to 80 rather than one to 110 and be much more effective in combat, so it kind of just makes sense.

7. eli

eli Avatar

This is great news.

I have been locking at 92 based on anecdotal experience.

I, for one, am glad there is an end to the grind.

Stundorn likes this.
  8. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

Two things you might be missing here:

1. Higher level increases crit chance. This is unfortunately not mentioned in the tooltips.

2. A certain amount of crit damage ignores defense.

So.. the higher you go the more likely you are to crit, and the more you crit, the less it matters what kind of defense your opponent has.

Also- adv lvl matters only for regular hit chance, not crits.

9. Dominor666

Dominor666 Avatar

Before it goes live just give us the option to wipe all skills (FOR FREE), refund the TOTAL exp amount into our pool and then allow us to re-allocate the exp. back into the skills we now would like to progress to a higher level.
    Its probably not feasible but preferred, allow us to have an hour to allocate levels to skill's outside of doing the skill grinding, just a simple +\- next to the skill, then take that ability away.

Stundorn and fantalio like this.
  10. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

I can see where your coming from, but imagine being a new player coming into the game it would take even more hours. Depending on when you leveled your skills experience things where alot easier than they are now or may be in the future. Now if your one of the single player peeps id guess you dont care, but for multi player purposes its kinda important.

11. Nietzsche

Nietzsche Avatar

Well, at 100 you get your scout badge and become a grandmaster able to train others. I think its worth it...

Korim Rackham likes this.
  12. the Lacedaemonian

the Lacedaemonian Avatar

My main question was to invite a reason for beginning again. I'm not against doing so if there is a compelling benefit begot of all the time, all the hardship, and all the trouble to get where I have got.

I believe it is easier to just stick with "Persistence" than to innovate and compell beyond that.

13. Alrik Doom

Alrik Doom Avatar

For the sake of new players, we must restart? Your joking right? ROFL!!!
    Game Play is Relative!

14. Last Trinsic Defender

Last Trinsic Defender Avatar

There have been many numbers, formula and ideas in this thread. Most of them are guesses, tests and interpretations.
    For me the most missing part in this game is an ingame-page where the whole data is presented accordingly. It should be possible to analyse the maths behind the skill-system and if I change something I should be able to find this represented in the data. Personally I don't like the "it's all right - be patient and trust the programmers". A RPG is all about the system and the maths behind it. Always has been.

Weins201 likes this.
  15. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

INFORMATION:(

Last Trinsic Defender likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.