Skill progression strategys

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Xkhan, Jan 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xkhan

Xkhan Avatar

Now at the point in game where all skills are off/maintain while I build my pool up. When I get to 1.5 million I turn one thing on until I hit about 1 million. Rinse and repeat.
    Q: Is this the best way to go? Should I get my pool bigger and do a 3million - 2million pool dance?

So now that I can only focus on one skill and that only once ever few days - it's super important to me I pick the right one....of course it doesn't help I keep switching as well (blade/bow/shield/dual wands/back to bow)!
    Q: What is your strategy? For those level 110+ - what would you do different if you started all over?

Get every skill out there to 60? Than 80? Than focus?
    Concentrate on the 'now' and only on that which gives me the most help for my current fighting? Ex: GM Aim Shot for example.
    Concentrate on the 'long game' and get my attributes up first (dex/str/int)? (ugh)

Very curious as to what everyone's strategy is now (and why they changed if the did)!

Thanks!

GreyMouser Skye likes this.
  2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?forums/player-created-resources.486/

In here there are at least 6 posts that talk about skill progression , each thei own ideas.

I think what you are doing is just fine but 80 in all your base skill first at least the pick and choose what fits YOUR style.

eventually you will be able to GM everything but sadly the fast 4 mill an hour that was massively abused is over so not it will take 10 (++) times longer.

GreyMouser Skye likes this.
  3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I've been using the following plan: I got everything in every tree I use up to 40. (Except for the trees in Strategy; there's a lot of skills in those trees that are really only applicable to certain builds, so I only leveled the individual skills I use, or skills I needed to level to unlock skills I wanted to use.) Then, I started going through each of those trees, and leveling each skill I use regularly in increments of 5. So I started with the light armor tree, and leveled each of the skills I use there to 45. Then I went to Ranged, and leveled every skill I use there to 45. Rinse and repeat through each tree. Then back to start, going up to 50. I've got most of my "useful" skills at 65 right now. Somewhere in there, I started getting my unused magic trees/skills all up to 40 as well for attunement/resistance, then began bringing up the resistance innates to my current "skill level," which is 65.

Early on, I was just leveling what seemed useful at the time, but it didn't seem to be making things any easier. Which is why my base Ranged skill is at 100; I was just leveling it because it seemed like a good idea. I was stuck on tier 2/3 scenes for a while. When I started doing it the way I described above, I noticed improvements fairly quickly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.