Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Skill spcialization

Discussion in 'Release 51 Feedback Forum' started by Promiscuity, Feb 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Promiscuity

Promiscuity Avatar

"Players can now specialize in a couple of schools of combat and/or magic to gain extra bonuses such as extra glyphs. "

Based on this my understanding is that we can specialize in 2 schools of combat/magic. How do we do this effectively. I trained Swords up to lvl 40 first and then went to train up Life. When i click on the swords to maintain, and change Life to train is sets swords to untrain. When I try to put swords back on maintain it toggles through the train skill again which sets life to untrain. It is a repetitive cycle where I can't set one to train and the other to maintain. Note I also tried setting all of the skills in the school to maintain but the specialization skill was unaffected. Is this WAI or a bug?

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  2. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Promiscuity, it IS hard to handle the UI right now, but it is possible. trying setting the one you want to train first and the one you want to maintain second.

4. Promiscuity

Promiscuity Avatar

Okay the interface is erratic, I was trying what you suggested but each time i click the skill that I want to try to train the alternate skill when to untrain and the only way to get it back to maintain was to toggle it through train to get to maintain, which put the original skill to an untrain. I was able to get one to train and the other to stay in maintain by alt-tab out of the interface to another screen and when i came back the skill that was in untrain was back in maintain. Very confusing.

5. Promiscuity

Promiscuity Avatar

I will try this.

Cennya likes this.
  6. Lao Tzu

Lao Tzu Avatar

To learn a second skill specialization while maintaining the first skill specialization, you have to set the FIRST skill to LEARN. Then go to the SECOND skill and set it to LEARN. Then the first skill will be changed to MAINTAIN.

To set both skills to maintain, it depends on what state your skills are in. If you are training the second skill and have the first skill set to maintain, then just change the second skill to maintain. If you want to start training the first skill again, you have to go through the same process as before to set the SECOND to TRAIN, then set the FIRST to train. Then the second will be changed to MAINTAIN. After you are done training the first skill, just change it from TRAIN to MAINTAIN. The second skill should stay at MAINTAIN.

Yes, it is a very confusing system. I hope they come up with a better system for the skill specializations in the near future.

- Lao Tzu

7. Promiscuity

Promiscuity Avatar

This would make sense but my client wasn't acting this way when trying to change this from the skills window (k), when you pin them to the bar it works more in the way you describe.

FrostII likes this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Actually, it's the opposite. Set the one you ultimately want to maintain to Training first then set the one you want to train to training and the other one will be set to Maintaining.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.