Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Skillful combat change suggestions..

Discussion in 'Release 36 Feedback Forum' started by Toadster, Nov 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

here are some combat suggestions that I think will increase the tactics required in combat and could be fun. Feel free to add to the list or tear it down. Either way just wanted to get it out there.

1. Have all scene mobs wander with a small AI system. Currently some scenes are stagnent and easy to figure out the path of least resistance to clear a scenes. For example the bandits at a camp should group at times, individuals break off for bathroom, etc. small groups break off for scouting or patrolling. But for the most part they would be huddled around the fire at camp. This would give the single player the ability to study their movements and try and single out small groups.

2. Add combat sounds that impact the mobs in a scene. If I caste a lightning bolt it should scare away most animals not directly involved in the fight but attract the attention of other humanoid creatures. Each combat sound could have a different radius of impact or affect. Again allows someone to quietly single out targets and tactfully take on a scene.

3. Autostack same glyph's like charging spells. Be similar to holding the attack button to charge an attack. If I hold a glyph in my habd and the same glyph is drawn it should stack on the one I am holding making it more powerful. I can choose to use it early when it comes up or hold it until it is powerfull enough.

2. Turin2

Turin2 Avatar

They don't care about the game.. they make their friends skills stronger and nerf all competition so their friends win. This game is beyond a joke. This is not a competition, this is a buddy system.

Korim Rackham and Sir_Hemlock like this.
  3. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

an expensive one at that.

4. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Are you implying the Dev's do game balancing in order to boost certain players? And hamper others?
    Are the 1 % that were using and abusing non balanced skills upset with changes to obviously OP stuff?
    Huh.

Lord Barugon likes this.
  5. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

[​IMG]

6. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

That.. yup. Basically describes half the stuff i read on the forums. lol.

7. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Yeah I know what you mean but I can't post facepalms half of the time.
    On the other hand.... Compared to some posts I saw during the last few weeks.... I will have to reconsider lol

Adam Crow likes this.
  8. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Please.. please do..
    It seems like half the people on the forums don't even play the game. lol

Oh and OP, not bad ideas. I like idea of more uniqueness in scenes. Anything to break the feel of a grind IMO.

9. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Well that went off track rather quickly...

But I can understand where your frustration is coming from. It does feel a little like beating your head against a wall when they push an agenda that takes fun elements from the game in order to push an agenda in areas you don't care about. Hope eventually this turns more into a give and take scenario, but last few releases has been a lot of take for one area that I will rarely if ever participate in.

Maybe I will try this topic again after some combat changes from R36 cool off.

moko and Earl Atogrim von Draken like this.
  10. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I like all the ideas.. not sure about autostack glyphs.. but I'd wanna try that in an experiment! These would absolutely add more to the mob scenes.. give them schedules like towns have. Human-like (and beast-like) reactions would be great too.. running towards (or away from) loud noises.. or feeling the tremor of an earthquake..

11. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Thank you,

Yeah the autostack to me is something that if they don't add themselves it will be added by third party apps and then they lose control of it, people scream cheaters for autostacks, etc.. I think if they added more combos and had the Same Glyphs autostack it would really be a fun and strategic combat system that doesn't give you too many finger cramps.

Fister Magee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.