Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Sky mesh to high on map

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by rune_74, Jan 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Is their a way to make the skymesh feel closer to the map? It feels like clouds and the sky are so far away on the map, it could be an easy fix to make it feel better.

2. redfish

redfish Avatar

I'd still like to see cloud layers... high clouds, low clouds, fog... like were discussing on that world map thread. :D It would help w/ illustrating regional weather effects.

3. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Did I explain well enough what I meant? next time your on the map look up at the sky....it doesn't feel right at all....

It could be cloud layers that could help....

4. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yea I understand what you mean. Its the same as in scenes, I think. Its necessary that high in part for the celestial objects and constellations. I don't know whether the solution is to lower the enter cloud layer. I'm thinking that layers of clouds based on weather would be the best thing that could help the feel while solving other game problems at the same time.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  5. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I posted more to my world map thread....I really noticed the deadness today.

6. redfish

redfish Avatar

KuBaTRiZeS and rune_74 like this.
  7. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

redfish and Tahru like this.
  8. Floors

Floors Avatar

While I understand and agree with what you're saying, that the cloud textures feel like they're at 60,000 feet, the clouds in that image are way too low.

Clouds are not at the level of trees in a valley underneath mountains, that's fog.

I still feel like the environment in the game is not as good as Oblivion was on a Geforce 5. There were mods by August 2006 for the PC version where oblivion had butterflies, different kinds of insects, bird patterns, glow bugs and such that were better and user submitted, and that was 10 years ago.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  9. redfish

redfish Avatar

Trady,

Yea I think they could be a bit higher than I depicted them. Look at my other image in that thread -- they could be a bit higher but still whether they're too low is somewhat subjective.
    [​IMG]

But yea the bigger point is to have different cloud layers. You could have high clouds, which are up in the skybox we see now. Then low clouds, which are floating lower than the skybox. And then the low clouds descend and touch the ground for fog, mist, etc.

And this would help represent regional weather effects.

Tahru and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  10. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Anything that helps it not look so static is welcome by me.

Tahru and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.