Sky Palace progress

Discussion in 'Screenshot & Video Galleries' started by Tirrag, Aug 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

What about special blocks that can't be rotated to fill in with other blocks? They could be distinct.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

interesting. do you mean mingling something like the wooden block or black shiny blocks to give it some more design/contrast? great idea thank you :) i havent built much with the wood block since they look kinda odd to me but i can see how patterning the floors/walls with different block could be really neat. especially the tall sides and/or the front open area.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yeah I was just thinking of a special block that didn't rotate or do anything special so chandeliers could be hung on them since its said that's the reason you can't hang things from them.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

oh im with you! yes doesnt even need to be a block. even something like a thin paver would be good. just something to designate that spot as a deco capable spot.

majoria70 and Time Lord like this.
  5. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

oh my what fun! thank you @Time Lord for the idea on the turbines. i found the recipe for the low power craftable one for sale in britt mart at a more than reasonable cost. as fate would have it i had _exactly_ the right amount of zinc needed to craft it. it is soo much fun :) for reference, the low power will jump you on top of a max high column so even the low power is extremely impressive. i see using these a lot with my builds. the turbine can be set on block floors.

as for the stage, that was a no-go. it cant be placed on block floors :(

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I think this is due to their being very similar to Chandeliers, to prevent them from being floated or tilted, or that's just a barrier of development which our game is yet to be able to provide.
    One though on that, I also wonder how it would look if the floor was elevated "around it", which would bring the turbine's standing platform flush with a surface so as to gain access to it's lift/jump capabilities, without having to first jump on it, "in order to make a jump on it".

Those things are just loads of fun!

I've been busy lately with Timelordy things, but as soon as all those things subside, I'm truly looking forward to a good "JUMP!"
    [​IMG]:DTL~

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
    Tirrag likes this.
  7. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

coincidentally the statue set i wanted for this build went on sale today. allowed me to finish the 4 small columns statue platform. loving the look :)

[​IMG]

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

@Tirrag, that is totally sweet! I'll have to come check it out tonight.

Time Lord and Tirrag like this.
  9. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

running into more and more deco issues unfortunately that, as i anticipated, are going to prevent me from making it completely what i had in mind. tried to place my fireplace, pipe organ, shaped hedge trees, pet, conversationalists, and telescope last night but none would place on the block floors :( going to try some furniture which i am fairly confident will work but at this point i think i am going to round it out with some potted plants and call it "done" for now :) i am very pleased how this iteration turned out. i dont plan on tearing this one down and will soon be looking for a more permanent POT home for it :) if you feel like you have a POT that would make a good home please let me know!

EDIT: forgot to add my edits from last night were all about trying to do finishing touches which i failed at pretty bad due to limitations. i did however get banners up on the upper columns that are in-line with my core attributes. so very, very happy how this one turned out :)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
    Tahru and Time Lord like this.
  10. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I'm truly unsure of what stacks on block floors, but I sometimes use a single COTO placed down on some things which then allows other things to be able to place on top of the COTO. Other times, I use a small campfire, which then allows me to place some things ontop of it that wouldn't place before.
    I don't know if either of these will work for this, but they're worth mentioning.
    ~TL~

Tahru likes this.
  11. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

thanks for the ideas! going to try it out :)

EDIT: thats a no-go :( it was worth a shot though! for the telescope i did try placing a table first but it wouldnt place on the table.

Time Lord and Tahru like this.
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Is the town name Maiden's Blush? Where is this town (in-game and web maps are useless)?

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

greetings! it is Maiden's Blush. It's in the Serpent Spine Foothills near Upper Fortus. Go N from Brittany and follow the mountains around the left and you will hit it right before the Fortus River. Once in town take the sign to SkyFarm bridge. if you happen to miss it please lmk and i will help you find it :)

Barugon and Time Lord like this.
  14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Your whole SkyFarm is pretty great.

Tirrag and Time Lord like this.
  15. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

thank you :) the original SkyFarm was the very first thing i built in SotA and is still my home. my original concept was having a farm above a house but i found it easier to have my actual "home" in a basement so i could move it around easily without it affecting the above ground. i wanted to mimic trees with that build so hopefully that came through. SkyFarm still has my basement home just takes a sec to find it :) under the original SkyFarm is my utility/adventure launchpad where i start all my fun. the other three farms there represent different types of my tower farm builds. the platform tower farm, the spiral tower farm, and the spiral bed farm. each was an evolution in my design. i have to admit, now with these floor turbines (which can be placed on block) i am starting to think about "AirFarm" and what can i design/build around that concept :D would be a lot of floating block but could be a lot of fun! i have already been gathering the Zinc needed...

thank you again for visiting!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
    Barugon and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.