Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Slime Spawn in Etceter Crag Mines? Broken or no?

Discussion in 'Release 34 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Twiztid, Sep 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twiztid

Twiztid Avatar

In R33 I know some people felt that the respawn rate of the Slimes down in the mines was too fast, however I, and many people I know thought the spawn rate was just perfect. It was a great place to level, especially with a group. However now in R34, it seems as though the spawn rate is completely broken. Or was this on purpose? The slimes do not respawn at all now once killed. leaving you free to mine the 3 rooms forever without being interrupted.

I would personally love to see the spawn rate returned to how it was in R33, if this is not a bug

2. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

I personely say the spawn rate for slimes was way to fast...and now i might be able to return nack to my faverit mine.

Sentinel2 likes this.
  3. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Could be a bug. They did mention that respawns were going to change, though I think I only read that they would now spawn more frequently in groups instead of on their own individual timers. Could be that the slimes are all on the same timer now and you are getting lucky with a long countdown. Or it's just broken.

4. Scrambler

Scrambler Developer Emeritus

I'll take a quick look.

5. Twiztid

Twiztid Avatar

Yep, just double & tripple checked and confirmed it. The slime spawn is completely broken. I can't imagine this would be on purpose so this should probably be in the bugs forum instead. Once you kill the initial slimes, they never respawn no matter how long you stay down there, leaving you to mine completely uninterrupted for as long as you like. I personally thought the respawn rate on the slimes before was just fine. You had just enough time to mine a room before the slime respawned. This way you had to kill a slime before mining each room. A good balance of xp and mining. I could understand how maybe some people would've liked the respawn rate to be slowed down just a tad, depending on how long it took you to kill the slimes. But absolutely no respawn rate is just ridiculous.

6. Scrambler

Scrambler Developer Emeritus

Yes, the respawn is not working. I have a local change that I may be able to get into a new patch that should get them respawning again.

7. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

So what is the intension with the spawn
    Fast.....so we cant mine all we do is fight
    Or slow so we cam mine but need to kill a mob every now and then.
    For real this is get out of hand.... when the mine has a faster respawn rate then adventureing areas something is wrong

8. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Most likely the problem is that each scene is different with a different group of enemies at different distances. There is no one-size-fits-all solution. Each will probably have to be balanced individually.

The kind of ore, the kind of enemies, the expected difficultly level--all of those need to be looked at when balancing.

9. Twiztid

Twiztid Avatar

Now I think the mine is worse than ever. The slime respawn is back to the way that it was with the spawn rate, except the xp for each slime is now 1/3 of what it used to be. To top that off, it seems that you only gain xp for every OTHER slime that you kill. Bringing the total gained xp down even further. It's the worst of both cases now. You cannot mine uninterrupted like before, and you don't gain any kind of worth while xp from the slimes

Vrunk Hrrk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.