Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Slower loadtimes

Discussion in 'Release 34 Bug Forum' started by Lord Andernut, Sep 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Subjective feedback:

I'm finding the game sitting on 100% Equipping Avatars longer than in Live. Load times in general feel slower. I'm sure you have metrics that will prove or disprove this however.

First trip to the banker after entering town takes longer than in Live as well (subjectively).

My POT (New Britannian Market) is much slower to load decorations when running around. Freezing/stuttering, pretty bad. Not so bad once everything is loaded. I thought perhaps it was because it was my first time loading the POT, but on going there today, after having been there yesterday - same issue.

Loading decorations is really slowing/stuttering the game.

I have an above spec computer and a 1Gbit connection.

(Should QA have comparable performance to Live?)

9/25/2016 1:33 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 8135
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4058
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.397.Date.09.22.16
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01a_template
    Loc: (-297.5, 65.0, 350.3)

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you for reporting. We'll look into this.

3. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Every visit to my POT has resulted in everything being very stuttery, just confirming that today as I loaded the crafting station and subsequently my home today it was very stuttery.

This is measurable, everything is freezing and unfreezing as I approach a lot that is loading decorations on it (currently using fastest setting).

4. amnipar

amnipar Avatar

It is also my experience that the performance is much more stuttery in towns in this QA build, comparing to live.

5. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I had this issue at the start of R32, I downloaded the QA server and then when R32 went live and I upgraded my main client to it. I was getting massive performance issues (all listed here and only in SOTA and not other games) that I fought with for a month until I finally wiped my entire computer, put win10 back on, installed SOTA and it ran spectacular again. We are talking like going from 2 minute zone times back to 10 seconds. Waiting for my PoT and lots to load (to enter them) for up to 2 minutes... etc... etc...

I am 100% convinced that running 2 SOTA versions on the computer and then upgrading the older to the newer blew something out with SOTA. I remember having all kinds of weird video resolution issues in Sota also. For example, I stream on twitch and the window was all over the place even in twitch for SOTA.

This is one reason I am currently not trying out QA on R34.

6. Metlore

Metlore Avatar

I have also noticed my load time into scenes is much longer but my performance when in a scene seems substantially better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.