Small Things to Make Things Better

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aeso Wondah, Nov 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aeso Wondah

Aeso Wondah Avatar

Hi!

I want this game to succeed as much as everyone playing it does I am sure. I have been running something I am calling a 'marketing from within' campaign. I am approaching new players and talking to them and explaining things and helping and really selling the crap out of the game to them. I believe we all need to do our part here. That being said I am getting first hand feedback and recognizing issues of new players that are making it hard for them to transition to SOTA.

I will be relaying many suggestions moving forward, but here are just a few very simple basic things that can go a long way.

1) In solace bridge outskirts, the map of novia on the wooden board in the camp should be a map of the outskirts, easily legible.

I have been making it my mission to help new players get through the outskirts and am learning that at least half of them if not more experience issues getting through smoothly. I watched 3 people standing around the map in solace bridge outskirts trying to figure out how it could benefit them since many have issues even finding their way to the village on the other side of the river.

Yes there is the M map key, but it requires fussing about to resize and recognize position and landmarks, not easily achievable by new players.

2) The pictures on the main page of the website need to be changed to proper high quality best resolution pictures.

I have recently heard 2 people, who don't play the game, maybe this is why, after looking at the website comment that the graphics look like crap. Which is not the case, but those pictures are doing it zero justice.

3) The chat windows are not set up properly from startup, new players can not see many of the social channels that are required to get in touch with them. I find myself explaining to many new players that they need to change the chat bar options or create new custom tabs just so we can start communicating efficiently.

Thanks,

Aeso Wondah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.