Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

So A Sniper Archer is Viable, Especially with a Liche in Support

Discussion in 'Release 17 Feedback' started by Weins201, May 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Video One is a Simple Spider, and I showed some quick pics of what I have on.

Two more a little hard targets but shows clearly Long Range Archery is totally Viable

Enjoy

Arianna, Chatele, Chris and 5 others like this.
  2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Cool videos, but try raising your dex instead of your strength.

Chris likes this.
  3. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

he probably raised his strength just to be able to carry all the diff arrows he needs.....

E n v y likes this.
  4. Retro

Retro Avatar

Lets see a PVP battle...PVE proves nothing, pretty much EVERY build works in PVE...only a few builds seem viable for PVP <sigh>

5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Don't give a diddly about PvP, All I was pointing out is that you can stay out or range of your target.

And actually a win in PvP proves even less, I can kill an afk guy and say I win, or res kill and claim victory.

And you can see my strength, it is in the picture, ty for you interest

Net likes this.
  6. Retro

Retro Avatar

Please don't take this as me being argumentative, however all you are really pointing put is how bad the AI is at the moment...

This is such a silly statement...Obviously I'm referring to a PVP battle were both parties are "roughly" the same experience level and both parties are agreeing to duel. :rolleyes:

As the game stands right now, you can beat PVE content with any build, it doesn't even matter how un-optimized it is, as long if you get to a high enough level.

Let's see you fight some other players with this build, or at least the only PVE content that fights like PVP players, Ghosts...then you may have proven something.

P.S. The mere fact that you are a "successful" archer with 11 dex, proves my point that any build can beat most of the PVE content in the game at this stage of development..(sadly)

7. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

This video should give you an idea of what being a real "sniper archer" might be like. It's from R15, and as you should be able to tell it's not a very fun experience.

No one is tanking for me, I'm actually stealthed, I'm not shooting at mindless AI, and I'm actually doing real damage. BUT, it's a ridiculously cumbersome process of stacking, remaining stealthed, and in the end I still can't do enough damage to the guy before he leaves the scene. :)

We have a long way to go before being an archer or being stealthed is fun.

@Weins201

I'm not trying to rain your parade here, but let's call a spade a spade. "Sniper Archers" don't have Liches doing their fighting for them while they stand out in open space auto-attacking. Savvy?

Retro likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.