Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

So disappointed....

Discussion in 'Release 38 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Barugon, Jan 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

@Attenwood
    If they're really going to nerf focus regeneration this bad then the least they could do is make it so that when we get hit and automatically go into combat mode (which I really hate) then we also automatically draw our weapons.

[edit] Also, when entering combat mode, we shouldn't have to wait the full cooldown period for the glyphs to be ready. It should be something like half.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  2. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Focus regen is a bug, not a nerf

K1000, zyxe, Net and 7 others like this.
  3. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

Whew!!!
    Which part is the bug? Is the food buff supposed to be working during combat, or is the general regen rate supposed to be higher?

4. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

We did not intend for regen rate to be reduced from R37 rates

5. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

OH Thank Goodness, because I actually think they need to up the focus regen for potions, or make a higher tier potion that regens more and make it Craftable....

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Thanks for that. I still think that when we get hit and automatically put into combat mode that we should also automatically draw our weapons.

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I don't have GMs either. I know for me it is my fault and because I don't care that much about it. I'm just playing the game. Most games have something in play to have to regenerate focus and other stats like having to sit etc. This is not different or out of the ordinary. and like Lace I'm pretty upset that eating food is only good for out of combat regeneration, this is very disturbing to me and most cooks in the game. I just don't like that they did that after all the big hype about food being special and interesting. It is a sad day that this was done.

oops edited

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    Robros Reh and Chatele like this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I really like that food is necessary. I'm glad it's just a bug and not intended.

9. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

It is hard to know which skills are worth the time and effort to GM and they may still be changed in the future.

juberobo1 likes this.
  10. Gurney2

Gurney2 Avatar

11. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

And you yourself didn't gain a little to much XP too easily to GM the entire Death tree? :)

discipleofweb likes this.
  12. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

It's all relative. But none of those hours were exploiting bugs, camping control points, using groups in devious ways, botting/scripting, or otherwise hurting the game. I'm probably one of the least efficient levelers, I just put in a ton of hours over a long period of time. Anytime I make a suggestion though, I'm including myself in the general population. That's why when they nerf things you don't see me crying about it even though it may disrupt what's been working for me.

Just so you know though, there are players that have perhaps 10 times more XP than I do, and they can't say the same thing about how they achieved it. (not many of those people that didn't spend a significant amount of time camping broken control points)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
    EDDYCORP and Spinok like this.
  13. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

@Baron Drocis Fondorlatos, I wasn't trying to imply or suggest that you had garnered that XP in any nefarious way. I know a lot of people have a lot of time to play and they grind their way up. It's just, for me personally, I don't have that amount of time to grind (nor the patience some times), and if I am going to be curtailed in my "grind" then it's a bit unfair and quite honestly just sucks. For this reason they should look at implementing mechanics to help people along if they are going to curtail XP gains going further. Maybe a rest bonus? Or some other mechanics that can be implemented in the future.

14. Drocis the Devious

I couldn't agree more with the spirit of your concern.

I've been an avid critic of the overall XP grinding system we have here. And even though I've profited from it thus far, I'm also someone with limited time that shares the same concerns you have.

What I've suggested in the past is that there be either an overall cap, or a tiered system where players can get a daily maximum on XP, something that is obtainable with casual gaming, but that can't be abused just because you have 40 extra hours a week than someone else. It's a tough thing to balance, unfortunately there were not very many people asking for this a few years ago when were first designing the game. Now, many of the people that yelled about being allowed to be more powerful the more you played (power gamers) are not even here in the community any longer, and my opinion is that the wrong people were listened to.

Perhaps over time we'll see a change to this as we get closer to launch.

Robros Reh and Magnus Zarwaddim like this.
  15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

What's really disconcerting is that people will always find the best place to grind and the devs have spent their time just nerfing those places instead of coming up with a real solution.

16. Drocis the Devious

I think the reason for that is likely more than it appears to us...

By allowing a small handful of people to exploit the game, that allows the devs to find it before launch and tighten it up. It also allows them to create more holistic solutions.

The byproduct however is that a small handful of people are miles away from the rest of the pack. That could certainly change over time, as the devs develop new ways for decay to work (for example) but right now I agree it's kind of lame.

majoria70 likes this.
  17. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I just took a look at the report you linked and see that we taking a look at it just this past Friday. Looks like it is a Linux related issue. We still have it in the works to fix!

18. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

lol thats funny I was thinking the same. He's usually the white knight in the bunch.

19. Dragon Slayer

Dragon Slayer Avatar

My issue has been and will be that this group/company is doing knee jerk reactions to fix something that has been left unchecked for months. They cannot tell me that they did not know there was a problem from day 1 with as much data as they are supposedly capturing with how experience was being obtained.

They are nerfing and going to continue to nerf experience to the point were people are ready to quit, then they will slowly update it thinking that will fix the problem, but it will be too late. I could understand if this was a brand new game or these people were new to game development, but that is not the case. They gave the world to everyone, but now they want to give you crumbs and expect you to be happy with the results. I am not happy and every time they make such drastic changes, it upsets me more and more. I cannot in good consciousness promote this game to anyone until I see the final result and am happy with that result.

They do not want players to reach GM or higher in every skill in 6 months and I get that, but a lot of those people are power gamers. So the rest of us have to suffer because a group of people obtained 100s of millions of experience and have 30, 40, 60, 100+ GMs already. Now they are going to nerf focus regen to the point where we will all be standing around in a zone for many minutes waiting to combat the few things before our focus is completely depleted. They say this is a bug, I am not sure. My guess is that it was intentional and after there were lots of complaints they came out and said it was a bug and will compromise by making the focus regen bad but not as bad. There is only one way to control experience and prevent people from obtaining so many GMs at a ridiculous rate and that is you cap everything. You cap how much exp a person can get in a day and you cap how much they can spend. However, I feel that would completely kill the game. You can reset, but with the money that has changed hands the amount of time invested, that I feel will also instantly kill the game.

Stop the extreme changes. Make up/develop a FMEA and evaluate the changes before they happen to see what the risks are to ensure that they are acceptable or not. This is like Agile Software Development at its worst. Evaluate the data and make the small incremental adjustments instead of going from 100000% down to 1%.

Why does Deep Ravenswood have to be nerfed? Why does focus regen have to be nerfed? Why did Vauban Pass and the other Control Points have to be nerfed and as far as I can tell my guild and bunch of others have almost completely stopped doing these Control Points?

I would have been happier if the game were super hard from the beginning and then they gradually improved upon the results, but instead it was made way to easy and now they are retracting to the extreme which makes me feel like I have been deceived.

I know I am ranting, but is because I am mad at the progress and direction this game has taken and I feel like I have completely wasted my investment.

discipleofweb likes this.
  20. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Because the game is and has been being developed this whole time. They cannot stop the changes since this game and no system in the game is done or complete. If this upsets anyone then they are forgetting where they are, which we all do at times. ;) If there is a suggestion besides to stop changing and adding things then that would provide feedback to the developers of this game. And if it is so upsetting to watch then wait until the multitude of changes have happened until the game is released. I'm sorry it is painful for you but it is something we have to endure since we chose to play a game in development. There is no way around that. I would be happy to help if possible. I'm Majoria in the game. :)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    EDDYCORP and Barugon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.