So I know the answer to increase PvP population -

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Xkhan, Feb 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

One more- no flagging by attacking somebody who is. I get the idea, but in practice, seems more like an exploit than a feature.

Numa and Darlok Brimstone like this.
  2. Darlok Brimstone

Darlok Brimstone Avatar

Agreed. It is Chester the cheetah cheesy.

Numa likes this.
  3. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

"The Machine" for PvP play is something that RG has talked about but sadly Starr has confirmed that it is more of an end game item.

4. Johnwick

Johnwick Avatar

I think they should have a bounty system in place where when someone is ganked he can hire a hit man (pay on a bounty board etc..) to get the person back. Why should you have to pay for that??? Because you cant do it yourself! Its That simple.
    PVP sucks in this game as is there is no rhyme or reason to do it! Nothing to initiate the need to PVP, there is nothing offered in the game for flagging PVP ( what they do offer is not worth it)
    to truly understand PVP you need to be ganked many times! Understand what is at stake (full loot), what to have on you and what not to have on you! (if you dont want to lose something dont have it on it you when PVPing!) If you dont like it then by all means dont flag!

If i could take everything off of someone, or be able to pick off their body what i want, then i would certainly flag PVP all the time like i did in UO. Getting ganked over and over was my driving force to hunt down that person and kill them, take all their nice gear and claim it as mine (possibly flaunt it in front of them or kill them with thier own gear i took!) In the process i learned how to PVP! This game will never have full loot PVP, which is why i will rarely flag, if at all! My reward i want for PVP is the ability to take from you, what i want! Not what the system sets up! I want to take all the items on your corpse, (besides the stuff you paid real money for "add on store" stuff).

You probably have a lot of bad things going through your mind right now about me, but i dont go out and gank the noob, i gank the high level guy that did! :)
    I fully support Full Loot PVP. We all know that will never happen, so those that are shy about PVP have no worry ( you can make enough gold in non pvp to pay off the bill in less than an hour!) thats a fact! People have complained so much about PVP in this game its sickening, its like listening to a child throw a tantrum you just want to send them to their room and shut the door until they are done! Those of you that complain over and over about PVP and getting ganked are never, ever, forced to flag PVP! If you flagged and got ganked then next time youll know what not to do, and if PVP is what your not to do, so be it to each their own! Stay in PVE and enjoy your game, but dont ruin it for the rest of us that like our game! If you dont like PVP then stay the hell out of it!

Hopefully this was a decent post and it wont get deleted! I tried to be as nice as i could!

*Edit - yes you are forced to PVP if you go to a PVP only area( honestly your not since you chose to go there!) but the Solution to that is to have those non pvp that want to go into a pvp zone have their own instance, but keep the mob levels and attacks the same. ie. keep it at a 5 skull level area or more. Same amount of monsters in the area as you would in PVP.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  5. Xkhan

Xkhan Avatar

I hear ya - and you have great reasons for PvP...and even for the not so gallant people who would/will hunt noobs you all are entitled to have your PvP....but the fact (!) is SOTA will just not ever have the pvp population it/you/we want as long as there is loss of items....we can rage at it and try to explain it away and come with a hundred alternatives for them to consider but I'm just saying...as long as there is loss of loot people won't do it....

Johnwick likes this.
  6. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

Well and there are other people that wont even touch PVP when there is no loot ;) Games like Albion or LoA with much more Pop than SotA overall make me think they are on the right track concerning ransom values etc.

Johnwick likes this.
  7. Cock of the North

Cock of the North Avatar

Looting people is 99% of the attraction though.

8. addrox

addrox Avatar

PvP just need people to ... PvP and stop posting about it.

UO had PvP way before twitch and forums were used to grow epeens. We just killed ...

My only satisfaction is the death ... The body laying before me... Me knowing a spirit is floating invis around me crying and lamenting in discord ...

9. Floors

Floors Avatar

I see the same exact conversations that were happening 4 years ago are still happening, like, the EXACT same conversations.

Numa likes this.
  10. AnabolicRAGE

AnabolicRAGE Avatar

I'm new but I come from mortal online and Darkfall where the pvp is ruthless. I never played UO but I would have imagined it was the same system. From what I have gathered is there is pvp, and you can take their gear if i'm not mistaken? I'm waiting to get leveled up before I go on that adventure. The problem SOTA is most likely facing is sandbox mmos tend to die out eventually because there is not a large enough crowd that enjoys losing everything. I love the feeling of being able to lost a bunch of gold or some sick armor while transporting, but I guess it takes a certain person to enjoy that. There are player cities with open pvp and certain areas where pvp is open correct?

11. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

PvP looting here is not quite that brutal. The person who lost gets the opportunity to ransom the gear back
    We don't have "full loot": You only take one randomly selected item from their inventory (and certain gear is exempted).
    PvP is optional, except in certain zones (like the shardfalls).
    A number of quests have paths (normally the most obvious ones) that take players (briefly) though PvP zones.

If you have any other questions, the community is generally pretty helpful and friendly (both the PvPers and non-PvPers).

12. AnabolicRAGE

AnabolicRAGE Avatar

Ah I see. Well I would imagine it would attract more attention from the crowd that loves to do quests and RP. I'm sure once I get to a higher level skill wise I will be floating around in those pvp areas :D. I guess to each his own. If people dont wanna pvp there is other stuff to keep them entertained from what it seems like.

Tiina Onir likes this.
  13. addrox

addrox Avatar

Stop reading this and just ... PvP ...

14. Floors

Floors Avatar

Go PvP in Midras, because the single players in online mode have to go do it as part of questing and they don't really wanna do it, trust me, should be fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.