So, what do you think about sieges forced friend-mode and capped to adlvl 80 in r63?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dhanas, Feb 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

I think this is one of the worse decision taken in this game ever, droven by a couple of people that complained about competition in siege, calling harassment, griefing and other stuffs which devs don't have to care at all.

First of all from where the decision to make siege friend only came for? and what about capping it to alvl 80 and skill cap 100? Are you going to punish ppl who spent time leveling their character? Why you decided to cap sieges and not more problematic and unbalanced zones like Upper tears? What is the reason behind capping a PVE only zone?
    What if I want to make siege in multiplayer with pvp flag on? why have I to be precluded to do this if we are promoting the freedom to make everyone play with differents playstile? @Chris @DarkStarr @Lord British

In my opinion this is a realy bad choice, many in my community came back when they heard sieges were multiplayer only and they could compete for resources again, now not only sieges are not anymore multiplayer only, but they aren't multiplayer at all, and peopl will have their skill capped in there. Cannot blame them if they leave this game again cause every decision who improve the multiplayer experience is boycotted from the usual 10 ppl that have more decision power than others in this game.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Um, no that is not correct.

You can still enter into sieges in Open Multiplayer mode, and it will work just like it has been. The difference is that players are not FORCED into multiplayer, and can instead go into group or solo mode, just like they can in any adventuring scene.

I don't understand why there are caps on these scenes, since they are not PvP. Now if they wanted to choose a Cabalist and have that one change his instance into PvP (and thus, open multiplayer), that would be different. But capping a standard adventure scene sounds strange.

3. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

My understanding is that if this will work like other 'encounters' - you'd enter from world map but once in, you'd be in your own instance (which no players not in your party could get into). But perhaps we need more clarity on that.

To be completely clear, my post about the forced multiplayer (which spawned several pages of discussion on the topic) just served to illustrate some of the problems associated with the change - particularly the negativity and conflict it caused, which is NOT desirable by everyone. Multiplayer should always be an OPTION - as it is with other adventure scenes in the game and nobody as far as I know, ever asked for that OPTION to be removed.

I agree with you that the complete lack of a multiplayer OPTION seems a step backwards, but so is the complete lack of a private OPTION - it goes against the entire "selective multiplayer" premise of the game that exists everywhere else except PvP scenes.

----
    The skillcap thing? I think is ridiculous, it makes no sense for a PvE scene, and completely negates any purpose of actually you know, levelling up your character. That's something I think you -really- don't want to discourage - its not good for player retention or longevity.

I really hope this isn't a precedent ..skillcapping PvP areas is one thing, but skillcapping PvE is about as counter intuitive as it gets. Particularly since its not going to make a bit of difference for the people who hardcore farm it.

Gia2, Cordelayne, FrostII and 6 others like this.
  4. oplek

oplek Avatar

I'm not sure anyone is a fan of the private/friends only mode. Most people want the regular selective multiplayer. Is there a citation for the level cap? Can't say I'm a fan of that either.

I'm inferring that you'd like to have finite resources that people have to fight over. I can't say I'm a fan of that. Competition doesn't have the exclusively manifest that way. I'd rather not play with people, whose ability to have fun comes at the cost of me being able to succeed.

Vaiden Luro and kaeshiva like this.
  5. Katu

Katu Avatar

I think skillcaps can be good, IN SOME SCENES. Note, not everywhere, but some scenes, I tell you why.

With skillcapping scenes to certain levels, they can balance it very tightly and adjust loot for it. They can allow better loot as they can balance it to be easy, normal, hard or very hard and also for groups. I would hate to see, for example, 100lvl cap everywhere. I think this kind of system has great possibilities.

Elwyn likes this.
  6. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

You missed something man

"behave like the other overworld encounter scenes" ---> I can't enter in other overworld encounter scenes in multiplayer mode, like unicorns encounters and twin trolls.

• Siege Scenes: A change was made in R62 to address a balance issue that moved Sieges to be shared scenes vs private. This has created too many negative side effects and we’re returning these to their previous functionality. For at least the start of the release, we’re setting level and skill caps in sieges to 80 and 100.
    And this is from patch notes for R63. https://docs.google.com/document/d/...r0-bFi8xChhPHivIUBF5wODsPHZ9OrlRLhRH-tUYe/pub

Elwyn and gpantano1 like this.
  7. Rixa Ultima

Rixa Ultima Avatar

Guys,if you don't want ti fight/meet ppl online,Just play the game offline.

sotasota4 and Dhanas like this.
  8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

right, so they're contradicting themselves. might wanna wait for clarification. i just posted the discrepency in the draft notes thread.

Dhanas likes this.
  9. oplek

oplek Avatar

I do. On my own terms.

10. oplek

oplek Avatar

... and keep in mind, I want selective multiplayer as someone who spends 99% of his time in multiplayer mode.

StarLord, Elwyn and Alley Oop like this.
  11. Bioxide

Bioxide Avatar

I say NO!

Make it scale on the number of players including risk vrs reward.

Xee, Antrax Artek and Dhanas like this.
  12. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I want to play the game and meet people, interact with them, go to events, make friends, be part of a guild, help out new folks, and do all the other things that I enjoy doing in an online space. I don't even mind some competition, when it is appropriate, and I'd love for there to be a meaningful pvp space where players could fight together for/against objectives with purpose.

What I don't want is being interfered with when I'm going about my business not bothering anyone, trying to do a quest, or help another player do a quest, and someone can come in and crap all over it repeatedly. That gets tiresome very quickly. I can only guess that part of the reason we see this behavior is the lack of a better competitive and/or pvp outlet.

The skill cap? Its gotta go...seriously, not a good idea.
    For the need for competition, why don't we get a 9th cabalist who has his own hood/weapon and have him siege blood bay. Heck, even have the other cabs appear there when they go into "unknown". That might provide such an outlet?

Redhammer, Gravidy and Mac2 like this.
  13. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I just want to be able to finish those catalist quests that are in my quest journal and remove them from my left side list

14. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

If they cap sieges like they want to they might as well just shut the server down.

There are player that have spent hours and hours trying to achieve level / skills so they can compete. Not just the grinder who have 120 across the board.

If I go into a siege and my skills are negated it prove one thing, that they have zero care for the game they created and no idea who to fix things they "think" are a problem.

Perhaps reintroduce decay that would be 1000% more affective.

ANY SKILL CAP INMPLEMENTED FOR PVE IS WRONG.

Redhammer, FrostII, Elwyn and 8 others like this.
  15. Rixa Ultima

Rixa Ultima Avatar

the truth is that although you are high levels, you can not play because you do not have the hands. and you pretends other ppl, who are able to do things better, to be like you.

kaeshiva and Dhanas like this.
  16. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Instead of skill capping, the scene should scale in difficulty according to the highest player in the group. So if youre adv level 130 or something, youd have one really friggin hard siege encounter to fight through.

Boris Mondragon, yinki2 and Dhanas like this.
  17. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Which is exactly why skill capping will not solve/change anything. The people who understand the mechanics and have the dexterity will still be soloing sieges.

Redhammer and Boris Mondragon like this.
  18. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

And loots should scale too based on difficulty of the scene

Boris Mondragon and kaeshiva like this.
  19. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Not necessarily. The reward is the exp - the encounter is actually meant for players of a lower level. Scaling the loot along with difficulty could create a farming opportunity that is too beneficial to the most powerful.

20. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

I honestly don't do encounters for the xp, I do for the loot, since there is attenuation and you can get 1m/h in different scenes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.