Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

So where is everyone?

Discussion in 'Release 9 Feedback' started by Jarl Hamrick, Aug 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jarl Hamrick

Jarl Hamrick Avatar

Is anyone playing this release other than PvPers?

Have been all over the place and havent really seen much of anyone gathered.
    Cant really find any crafting stations and honestly really dont know what we are supposed to be doing?

Not trying to sound negative but it is a little frustrating for someone new I think as there really is no direction that I have found. Its just kind of a confusing mess it seems to me in all honesty.

I did read the player instructions for R9 as well.

What am I missing?

2. Greymarch

Greymarch Avatar

I was on Thursday but sadly have been at work and then birthday parties the past 2 days. :(
    Hopefully I'll be in there tomorrow! But on Friday I did see a fair amount of people at the crafting pavillion in Ardoris. I think there's some player run quest thing going on today though?

3. Jarl Hamrick

Jarl Hamrick Avatar

Ah ok well I am there now but it seems the maps I had disappeared for some reason so I guess I will just run around town until I find it.

Please dont read into my statements above as advocating a hand holding theme park RPG because I cant stand those games but since this is testing I really thought there would be more direction from the devs.
    It seems all I have read about is PvP but nothing else.

4. Apollyon9515

Apollyon9515 Avatar

I thought the same thing for 5 million dollars every person I've seen must have donated half a mil each. I've seen maybe 5 folks in areas other than the PvP zones which is shocking because it seems like the pvpers are out numbered on the boards.

Its be nice if their was a world chat or something in place now for folks to communicate so those that wanted could play together. I'm sure the travel system doesn't help since we won't be passing each other on the roads...

5. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

I played last night and the world was practically empty - didn't go in the PvP zones.

If I was going to be sympathetic as to why I'd say its because this release is geared toward PvP. There isn't a whole lot of reason to dig into it except for that.

The hope has to be that when there are different things beyond combat and PvP, there will be more population! Time will tell on that one.

Ned888 likes this.
  6. Angor

Angor Avatar

I played some Thursday, and a little Friday. There were a few more people in Owls Head, and I met a few in the woods. But I stay clear of the PvP stuff, so most crafters just do there thing and only go to the towns to sell and replenish consumables I guess.

7. Kaisa

Kaisa Avatar

Huh that is odd normally I hardly see anyone playing either. This release though I have been seeing people all over the place. In Towns, out pvping. Heck I have even run into people out in some random hex. I think what is happening to some people though is the instances "fill up" then they are being dumped in empty instances of the same instance.

8. Jarl Hamrick

Jarl Hamrick Avatar

Oh you might be right. Ugh! Instanced games :( :( :(

Apollyon9515 likes this.
  9. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Well one other indication is that there were still housing lots available in Ardoris by Friday night. Now there are more lots to claim, but either people were heading straight to PvP, or the number of lots has gone beyond the number of people playing this release. I don't think the latter would be a good sign.

10. Svahn

Svahn Avatar

I tried this release for the first time just now, a roughly 60 minute adventure.
    I saw some people in Owls Head and I ran into perhaps 3-5 persons in Ardoris.
    Then I crashed out boating to Kingsport, hehe.

11. Favonius Cornelius

Favonius Cornelius Avatar

Just got tired of logging into to Housing of the Avatar and being disappointed by one bad decision after another. Now I don't bother.

Sir_Hemlock likes this.
  12. Jarl Hamrick

Jarl Hamrick Avatar

Well I logged out in Ardoris earlier and now the game crashes everytime I try to log back in.

Sooo I think maybe I am done for this release. Maybe check back in a few months.

13. Jarl Hamrick

Jarl Hamrick Avatar

Was finally able to get back in. Had to log in as singleplayer online and get out of that town to Owls Head now its working again.
    Something to do with Ardoris.

14. AndiZ275

AndiZ275 Avatar

I played some SPO, since I'm not really interested in PVP, and tried to do some crafting again, just to see if something has changed. But I'm having so many Network Connection Errors and Neverending Combat Bugs, that it's not really making sense to test it more. And I've said my opinion on the lack of single player elements (I'm not talking of the story) often enough...

Sir_Hemlock likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.