So Where's the Action?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Greymarch, Aug 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greymarch

Greymarch Avatar

After each release I hear about all of these cool events and see screenshots of tons of players all in the same area. Yet ever since like R5 or so whenever I eventually get to log on I basically can never find anyone around (yes I'm in multi-player mode :p) aside from a few lost souls wandering Owl's Head.

Have people mainly moved to playing on the mainland? Have there been any "gathering places" most releases? Always more fun to test out the game with other people. :)

DavenRock [MGT] likes this.
  2. Mata

Mata Avatar

I think a large part has no desire to pvp. :p

Arianna, Montaigne and SmokerKGB like this.
  3. Stormblessed

Stormblessed Avatar

There was some action at the PvP areas, which is where I was most of the time. The main place people seemed to gather for PvP though was Vengeance beach, taking the boat from Kingsport to get there. Other than that, i think Fire Lotus Tavern was a main hangout. I believe the Bear Tavern Brawl and plays/welcome quests were around Owl's Head as well. I stuck mostly to PvP though, so that's mostly what I found :)

Arianna and DavenRock [MGT] like this.
  4. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

You should make some friends ingame. One of them will surely know where an event is or the party so you don't miss anything. Most community events are announced in the townhall or in chat.

Arianna likes this.
  5. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

You need to pay attention to firelotus making announcements in the forums. For example R8 she said she was going to take over the airwaves on Avatars radio, and have a party at Firelotus' tavern.

Also you need to pay attention to the forums because certain Guilds, make announcements about plays or whatnot. Keep your eyes and ears pealed for receient content, because somebody might be talking about the maze they are building etc.

MAKE FRIENDS IN GAME. Also you never know when you might run into a dev.

AS FOR PVP. This isn't a PvP vs PvE issue. We are testing the game, and giving feedback. THIS IS AN ALPHA TEST. Currently they are working on the "Combat System". This effects both PvP and PvE players. There is no harm in going to a PvP zone, and testing out the system. The worst thing that can happen to you is that you die and you respawn 40 seconds later. What counts is the feedback and testing of the systems they are currently developing.

Actually it is quite fun, and even non-pvpers are having LOTS of fun doing it too. So those who have an iffy attitude about PvP are missing out on a lot of fun, and they could be helping the game in the process.

Arianna, DavenRock [MGT] and Kaisa like this.
  6. Greymarch

Greymarch Avatar

Yeah I didn't mean pvp specifically.

7. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Others chimed in ... grumbling about it.

8. DavenRock

DavenRock Avatar

Feel free to join us during R9, DavenRock TheTraveler, is my in-game name if you want to add me to your friends list. When I'm on feel free to /zone to me, i will be participating in the Bear Tavern Brawl, and a few other things going on, PaxLair is in my to-do list, and so is the New Vengeance Area. :D

Most important is to have fun and do as many things as possible!

Isaiah [MGT], Arianna and Mata like this.
  9. Mata

Mata Avatar

so it is! :D

Arianna and DavenRock [MGT] like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.