So you want to role play? House Serenite of Grunvald is recruiting

Discussion in 'Player Groups & Guilds' started by Duke William of Serenite, May 31, 2016.

1. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=64724
    What if I told you that one day you could be the ruler of your own kingdom?

How about something you can help grow and feel proud to

belong to? A community that works like a family.

All this can all happen in a beautiful castle town you can call home. Serenite has a unique charm to it.
    [​IMG]

House Serenite of Grunvald is a town based RP light guild. You are not forced to take on

any positions or roles, the roles below are purely optional. You simply have to

respect role play. We do not require that members have Team Speak. We do have it

available for out of character conversations and to help new players. If you have an

interest in this house, you can message me here in the forums in order to setup a meeting to RP

an invitation in game.

Serenite will always have the Titan of Love at its center and heart. Why

because it is with the love of our fellow Serenites that the town will succeed.

Our pride of who we are and where we come from defines us. Every Serenite is

first and foremost a soldier who would die for his family and kingdom.

Our role play is similar to Game of Thrones. We do not care what other guilds

call themselves. They are all houses to us. Order of Vengeance in our native

tongue is House Vengeance. Pax Lair is House Pax Lair and so on and so forth.

When we speak in role play we say house and not guild. In order to have a

structure similar to what you see in GOT I have drafted up a few positions to be

held within our House.

Anything in this guild charter is subject to change. As the members of Serenite

grow along with Serenite positions may not be needed or new ones may arise. Only

the Duke, High Council and the High Priest can edit this document.

Positions:

Duke- This person must be a highborn (see below). He is the king of his realm

and he only bows to the king of all the realms which is Lord British. The Duke

at one point will choose a highborn to ascend to the throne. This person will

own Serenite one day and lead House Serenite. Right now that is not even a

thought for us, but I know in the future I will want to pass on the Scepter and

Crown of Serenite to its new ruler. As it is in Game of Thrones, no one rules

for ever. This person will have to exude a pride and love for Serenite equal to the Dukes.

Vassals/Minor House- Anyone who possess title and land will join House Serenite

as a vassal. They will be known as their own House and operate as one. The

leader will be joined as an officer to the guild so they can invite people into

their house. They are responsible for recruiting for their own town and can have

other officers/positions under them. Minor Houses will have a similar guild

structure to House Serenite. Minor houses can one day become a major house by

forming their own house/guild.

High Priest - The High Priest is the spirit of Serenite, he holds the only

position above the High Council. He is revered by Serenites residents. He can

command anyone in the kingdom including the High Council in the absence of the

Duke. If and when the High Priest needs to mobilize the army he will have to convene

with the High Council before doing so.

The High Priest can also reside on Serenite Hill if he chooses to do so and is

not obligated to do so. The High priest enjoys a lot of liberties and command

over Serenite.

Priests of Serenite(Healers) Priests perform the weekly Service under the

High Priest supervision. They also train the acolytes. The priests however are

only in control of their acolytes.

Acolytes - Acolytes do to being under the High Priest are respected individuals

in the realm who devote themselves to selfless acts of Love. They also aid the

priest in their weekly service.

The High Council- will be for all the officers of the house. They will assist

the Duke in decisions. The council will be leaders of the guild and can execute

administrative orders and round up our armies if our captain of the guard is not

present. You can be a member of the High council and take another position.

Town Mayor - This person will aid in getting everyone settled in and

move stuff around the town and decorate. The Mayor will also settle disputes

among residents and create laws that the towns members must adhere to in order

to have harmony in Serenite. The laws are simply in place to give the town a

certain look. The farm lands are in their areas and the housing in another.

Master of Coin - There must be some sort of order with the merchants within

our kingdom. Inside this mini guild the merchant guild master will make sure

there is order and assign positions, gatherers, blacksmiths, weapon smiths and

so on and so forth.

House Ambassador- In this position the Ambassador will help foster relations with

other houses.

General of the Armies of Grunvald- Serenite is rich in history

and lore. The towns of Grunvald were taken only when the Dukes of Vengeance,

Malus and Serenite decided to unite their armies. Once the armies were

United, they were able to overcome our enemies.

These houses may have their differences, however when faced with a common enemy they have

united in the past and hope to do the same in the future. The General in times

of trouble will command the armies of all the houses of Grunvald.

Lord Commander of the Guard- This person will be responsible for rounding of

the knights to defend Serenite VS our enemies and PVE town raids

He/She will also be in charge of training the knights. The Commander has to be a

master of combat. There will be duels for these positions.

Captains- Captains are higher ranked knights that can now

assist in training new recruits and leading organized groups within the army.

Knights- A Knight s primary focus is on homing their combat skills. It is their

duty to heed to the call to action by their Lord Commander and Captains.

Archers- Are same as knights only specializing in archery skills.

Squires - Squires that have passed the tests put forth by the Commander

graduate to knights or archers depending on what skills they are trained on.

Kings Guard- the Kings Guard is a culmination of both the player and the town.

He will wear the best armor and weapons in the entire House. The KG is not a

position gained by role play, it is gained by prowess in combat. To become the

next Champion you must beat the current one by wining 2 out of 3 duels.

Serenite's honor will be his blade. There will be times where we want to avoid

large scale war and or settle disputes and or guard one of our officers or

highborn when we decide to RP outside our town.

The Kings Guard once chosen will undergo a ritual that has been handed down

from Arch Mage to Arch Mage(see below) for many generations.

This ritual confers upon the Champion powers of un death. Like Avatars they are

immortal only their power comes from death itself. The KG mind undergoes severe

changes and will lose touch with any and all humanity. Because of these powers

of un death their thirst for blood is like no mortal can ever fathom.

Serenite depends on his ability to never lose a fight. If he loses we lose. Our

champion is our honor.

Shadowblade- The assassin trainers. The Shadow blade counts on his ability to

live in the shadows and assimilate. He is both spy and assassin. Their blade always

finds its mark in the shadows. There can be more than one Shadowblade.

Every kingdom needs the ability to perform certain actions discreetly.

The Shadowblade has also excelled in the art of assimilation and espionage. When

those talents are needed he can find his way into any group or groups to attain

information for their House.

Rogues- Trainees under the shadow blade. Once they pass certain test put forth

by the shadow blades the assassins can graduate to Shadowblades. This test will

usually be an assignment where the assasin must prove his skills and can end in

capture or death.

Arch Magus of Serenite- Due to Serenites affinity with Obsidian stones, the

mages of Serenite are renown throughout the realm. The sorcerers of Serenite

descend from the Obsidian times. This person will be good at making mage builds

and train the new mages. He will be in charge of the mages when they head out to

combat with the knights. He is also responsible for passing down the secret to

transform the Kings Guard into un death. This process is known as “The walk of

death”.

Arch Magus Apprentice - Arch Magus will choose the most worthy of the magus to

learn how to perform “The walk of death”. He also operates as a Magus

Magus- These mages have undergone the Rite of Passage . This is a test put

forth by the Arch Magus. They are combat ready and can join the knights in

combat. They can also lead groups of Apprentices into combat.

Apprentice Magus - These are the mages in training until they take the “Rite of

Passage” .

Recruiter- Once we get above 30 members there will be only one recruiter.

Highborn- Highborn are heirs to the throne. In this position a lot can happen,

they can also take on any of the other RP positions like the High Council. Their

character must take the surname Serenite. They must also have the look of a HB.

Because of the desert sun and close vicinity to Obsidian shards throughout the

generations, Serenite's highborn have taken on a unique look. They have pale

skin purple eyes or blue eyes, and their hair is also blonde. Those that are

born with purple eyes are sorcerers and magic comes to them naturally. Lore

experts say that the only living blood line that can be traced back to Obsidian

times are the Serenite highborn. It is common lore in Serenite that because they

have lived close to the Obsidian shards of Grunvald it has conferred upon them

the ability to learn magic at an accelerated pace.

Highborn are to be treated like royalty in RP situations. Highborn live in

Serenite hill next to the Dukes keep. They must have a Lord pledge or higher.

He/she must be able to afford a town sized home or better. All pledges can

aspire to be HB. They can start with the lowest pledge and work their way up.

Upon my relinquishing of the throne to another highborn, he/she will also live in

Serenite keep.

There will only be 5 highborn at any given time. Like we see in Game of Thrones,

highborn usually kill each other. One way to be rid of another highborn would be

to trap them in a lie that would be seen as treason against the crown. They will

be executed publicly and banished from Serenite for ever. So careful being a

high born, there is a lot at stake and you will be competing with other HB for

the Dukes favor. The truest and most virtuous way to gain the Dukes favor would

be to show him that your love for Serenite is greater or equal to the Duke

himself. Only through your actions and love for Serenite will a highborn be heir

to the throne.

Elf Lord- The elf Lord oversees the elven nation within Serenites walls. These

lands are in the forest area of Serenite. The elves were created by the Obsidian

sorcerers long ago and some earlier refugees settled in Serenite. Elves helped House Serenite secure

these lands and since then have shared Serenite in complete harmony. Any elf by

decree of the Duke is to be treated with the upmost respect and admiration for

their ancestors sacrifice for Serenite. The elves of Serenite also have a unique

similar to highborn look which is pale skin and lavender eyes with blonde or

brown hair.

Citizen of Serenite - This is the most important role of all. A citizen can

hold an official position with House Serenite or they can simply go about their

business. We welcome them all - explorers, miners, merchants, elves, orcs,

crafters and pirates. These people are the foundation of our town and we live

and work together every day. All citizens can choose to be members of House

Serenite. Or they can be members of another House or even be unbound to a house.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  2. Lord Leviathan

Lord Leviathan Avatar

What a great guild to be a part of. Since i joined everyone has been helpful. I cant wait to go live with house serenite!

3. Baron Drocis Fondorlatos

Baron Drocis Fondorlatos Avatar

Very cool, I will definitely be stopping by at some point during my travels.

4. Lady Patrina

Lady Patrina Avatar

Such a delight to be in this family. I am honored to be a Serenite.

Lady Patrina

5. gsoul

gsoul Avatar

Was welcomed into House Serenite last night! Happy to be a part of the family.

6. Mac2

Mac2 Avatar

< Ackinma Zatochi. I recently joined this house and just love it. I try and answer any questions I can. We seem to be growing steadily. Many helpful, fun people in this house. I am currently adventure level 97, producer level 76, and happy to be part of this house.

7. Max Bennis

Max Bennis Avatar

It was a sheer luck that I joined this house. Thanks to @Duke William of Serenite for the offer. Glad to be a part of the family!

8. Vox Aquila

Vox Aquila Avatar

We accommodate all styles of play, we have PvE players plus an ever growing PvP contingent.

Congrats to Math for coming 4th in the Tier 1 EVL PvP tourney, an incredible result considering you have only been playing the game 4 weeks. Well done mate!

Light be upon you all
    Vox

Vrunk Hrrk, Corp Por and Fister Magee like this.
  9. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

This actually looks like a neat guild! Good luck!

Vrunk Hrrk and Vox Aquila like this.
  10. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

11. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Not at all no that does not represent our RP. My members were being harassed on a non RP level so that devolved from RP long ago. I am not going to RP with someone attacking my guild on a non RP level.

12. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Ok, thanks. I am interested in RP PVP guilds and was curious of the level of RP in the guild. Thanks!

Vrunk Hrrk and Roper Docholiday like this.
  13. Belgtor

Belgtor Avatar

Serenite is the best guild I have been part of in years. Friendly players with some of the funniest conversations I've had in a good long time. Great team of people to help learn more and more about the game.

14. Mac2

Mac2 Avatar

Except for that mac guy, hes a jerk. Does not have a clue what hes talking about either :). On a serious note, I got 72 skills to 80 now, almost got my healing tree done, purify burst at 77 and purify at 70.

15. Vrunk Hrrk

Vrunk Hrrk Avatar

HRR'K kobold war camp established in Serenite as Cheif Qrax wizhes. We wotch hoomanz and report to Chief. SKKS HR'K

16. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

I just want to say that every single person from this guild that I've met has been super cool and totally a blast! Great group of folks.

17. Leinad Laurelwreath

Leinad Laurelwreath Avatar

Yay!

Serenite is clearly far away from home but maybe it's time this hunter takes a trip outside South Paladis! I'll be visiting your town for sure!

18. Vesceries

Vesceries Avatar

This sounds very promising. I have a small group that are joining the game and are all heavy RP focused. I'm excited to hear that there may be groups out there to join. I may try and reach out to someone in team speak otherwise if anyone can PM me to help get us moving in the right direction that would be helpful too. Looking forward to role playing!

19. Mac2

Mac2 Avatar

If you have any questions, I can try and answer them.

Vrunk Hrrk likes this.
  20. Vox Aquila

Vox Aquila Avatar

if you enjoy RP swing by and say hi!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017