Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Softlock feedback

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by helm, Jul 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. helm

helm Avatar

Softlock 'next target' should first pick what I'm actually targeting, NOT the closest target. The current way often leads to extremely confusing situations when there are more than three enemies.

Doubleclicking the enemy won't do, because it also attacks the target immediately, which may be undesirable in many situations.

Yes, there is the shift-click, which more or less seems to do the job, but it's rather cumbersome in hectic situations, besides why on earth do we have three controls for one simple thing? Actually four -- first there is the "next target" key, then the Esc key to release softlock, then the Shift+click, and the doubleclick? Three of these four are also unmappable!

A single mappable key would be more than sufficient for all softlocking purposes:
    a) simple click/tap selects the target that is currently targeted by the reticule (if within range),
    b) further clicks/taps cycle the targets,
    c) a doubleclick/tap releases the softlock.

Finally, the only real use for softlocking, at least for me, relates to the fact that it is currently the only way to follow the enemy status (including inflicted debuffs) properly. I really wish that the "normal" attack mode would get information about the debuffs, so I wouldn't be forced to use softlock in the first place.

KuBaTRiZeS and Alley Oop like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.