Solace Bridge Outskirts Recipe Show

Discussion in 'Archived Events' started by Hornpipe, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Dear outlanders, dear novians,

For some time now, vendors from all the continent are selling crafting recipes for an exorbitant price. If you have realized this, you will surely notice that there is absolutely no competition between them. It seems like they have managed to conclude an anti-competitive agreement, setting prices of each recipes to several hundred gold coins ! I think this is intolerable.

Even worse, it seems like they have recently decided to restrict their offer, probably in the hope of increasing their prices. It has now become complicated to find any crafting recipe in Novia and it is now necessary to cross the whole country to learn how to properly cook a sausage !

We have to react !

Therefore, for two hours, I and some others will be sharing all our knowledge with everyone on Friday, August the 11th, 4PM CEST (16:00)/ 9AM CDT-NBT (09:00)/ 10PM CST (22:00)
    - in the Solace Bridge outskirts, in the refugee camp (@Hornpipe ),
    - in Dragomir Mori, in the center of the town (@CatherineRose )

Every single teachable crafting recipe we have will be shared with every single outlander or novian passing by, for free. Hundreds of teachable recipes ! Tens of thousands of gold coins saved

I invite all volunteers to join me.

Each shared recipe will be a blow to this conglomerate of vendors and the demonstration that this kind of odious behavior does not pay.

Any other type of constructive initiative is welcome during this event : distribution of cookies, teaching of emotes, advices for fresh new outlanders (or helping them with their tasks there)...

I especially invite @Lace to this event as I know she disapproves those sellers behaviour as much as I do.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  2. Spoon

Spoon Bug Brigade - Bug Hunter

@Hornpipe

Having traded recipes a bunch of times to newcomers - please consider limiting yourself to a set of recipes and practice handing them over.
    This since the conglomerate are also conspiring with the hidden lords of New Brittania and it is exceedingly difficult trading large quantities of recipes to some other outlander. ...And I also assume that you are a hoarder of recipes like me.

This since you need to drag'n'drop them from book to trade and can't trade that many at a time.

Thus more than once a would be crafter with whom I was trading recipes simply gave up in the middle of the process after we had been doing it for 5-10 minutes, and at that point of course most of the recipes was in the first schools in alphabetical order and thus sorely lacking in refinery so they couldn't really craft the ingredients to the recipes they had already gotten.
    So I smarted up and did some mental exercise in starting with things like potions, then smelting ingots and preparing leather and last making fabric. So that they would have the basics first. Then moving on to getting their prefered weapon or armor, at which point they have usually tired of the process and don't want any more at that time.

Edit:
    Also you may want to stay waaaaaaaaaaaay away from the training dummy area in that scene - lest every newcomers chat will be filled with combat SPAM and they will miss any and all communication attempts.

Happy hunting

Spoon

3. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

*starts to bake sugar cookies* :rolleyes::)

4. Numa

Numa Avatar

Looks like mayhem all right :)

I agree - basics like milling, tanning, smelting, textiles etc should be first and these should lead to basic equipment, food, potions etc. Maybe the participating players can be organized and grouped just like crafting tables are layed out in public crafting gardens.

People with advanced recipes should be in another group i think - let the first bunch deal with the basics.

5. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Sounds like a plan !

[​IMG]

Solazur, CatherineRose, Numa and 2 others like this.
  6. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

You realize that, being in an adventuring scene, it won't let more than 16 or so people in at one time before splitting off into a new instance?

(Not that it would be so bad if enough people showed up to teach recipes that every instance would get someone.)

Solazur and Time Lord like this.
  7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Brigade – Bug Hunter

hm. how many does it take for the overworld to split? for just chat and trades, there's no reason to go into a scene at all.

8. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Overworld is much higher, I think it's 128 like cities. That would probably be much more doable. I don't think I've ever seen a large crowd on the overworld before, might be interesting.

9. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

@Hornpipe @Spoon
    If you want to practice trading recipes I will be glad to meet you ingame for some pre-event tests. :D

As a new crafter, I have a few recipes but am also amazed at how many there are that I don't have or can't find yet are teachable. I also think not being able to drag all of the recipes into a trade window at once is a pain and very time consuming. The few that I have that are teachable, takes at least 5 trade windows to trade with someone that does not have any.

Now that I am learning about crafting I am excited to attend this event.

10. Spoon

Spoon Bug Brigade - Bug Hunter

Yea, there are a lot of recipes, I think I'm close to 500 now.

Which fields are you aiming for?

Please feel free to in chat write
    /friend Spoon
    and if you see me online in the friends (F) interface then
    /w Spoon, Hey do you have a moment to trade some recipes?
    And I will most likely respond, well unless I am being chewed on by something I'd rather not want to end up in inside.
    :p

11. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

@Hornpipe
    What would you think about on the same evening having more than just that location as spots for trades. You could have voulunteers for those 2 hours in the other locations trading at the same time. If there is a rule of only 15 in an instance there could be enough other locations ready to trade to take care of 100 or more avatars. You would lead the trades and designate the places and the recipes to trade.

I offer Dragomir Mori at the town center for the trades. Please check Dragomir Mori out and see what you think.

Dragomir Mori is just a little north of Aerie and an easy into the dock area where the town center is and then out on the Novia red sail boat.

Other locations may wish to also join you in this effort.

CatherineRose

12. Lace

Lace Avatar

The other issue is the cumbersomeness of how you have to teach .. you don't know if the recipient has it, etc .. its the same with emotes ... you just have to do one thing at a time to try to be nice ... very cruddy for trying to be a MMO. SLight ***** heh but you go @Hornpipe THe emote trading UI needs multiselect and the recipe trading should be in a list box with multi select not that god awful book you cannot read if you don't have your glasses on because of the awful contrast, not to mention the issues of dragging one thing at a time.

Regardless if you cannot make this event.
    Our montly Diamond Fields/Prism gm crafting events folks will do this but we ask peeps to ask for all say blacksmithing .. then get all cooking etc ..

Asking for all recipes some have can take about 1/2 hour per person ... so try to specialize and hit a few events of this nature.

Also note while some folks 'discovered recipes' they cannot teach even if teachable, if some bought them prior to the change they still cannot teach even though they should, be able to since they spent gold coin. The system did not make this differentiation. So many recipes I have even though now listed as teachable had I bought them today .. will not be teachable from my perspective because of the disconnect on the releases.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  13. yukimimiya

yukimimiya Avatar

Hmm... I'm confused.
    • August 11th 16:00 CEST (UTC + 0200) = 23:00 JST (UTC +0900)
    • 11:00 AM CDT (UTC - 0500) = 25:00 JST
    • 22:00 CST (UTC - 0600) = August 12th 13:00 JST
    Is CDT notation's correct one ?
    22:00 CST may be 10:00 CST , correct?
    Thanks

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Hello everyone !

I'm overwhelmed with the level of interest and support we are getting there. First, I need to clarify something : This is not intended to be MY event. Initialy, this was my idea, indeed, but this is an event for everyone.

Secondly, there is a lot of things I didn't take in account when I launched this idea. I just wanted to help, but things aren't simply as easy as they should. The biggest concerns are the inability to get a big group in the same place at the same time and the huge number of recipes to share.

@CatherineRose I think that your suggestion could be a solution for our problem. We need many locations for this. I will stick with Solace Bridge Outskirts (and welcome new outlanders in the meantime) but I will reference in my initial message any volunteer who want to organize this event in another desired location on a first come, first served basis. Just contact me here or directly in private and I'll add you as soon as I get the needed informations :
    For exemple : @CatherineRose / Dragomir Mori / center of the town

Each of those volunteers will guide everyone in each location.
    Those who don't want to take any responsability but want to help and share their recipes can contact directly every referenced volunteer to get some instructions or simply go to their prefered location and look at how things are going.

Everyone can be a teacher, but also an apprentice, so things will rapidly get complicated. The best way to do this, in my opinion, is to follow @Numa 's advice : those who want to teach recipes will have to go in front of the corresponding crating table. I want to teach blacksmith recipes : I climb on the blacksmith station. I need those recipes : I'm looking for the guy who is standing on the correct station.

For those who have a doubt with the time zone, I made a mistake with the CDT zone, but not the CST one, I think. Take a look at that map :
    When it's 4PM in Paris (CEST), it's 7 hours earlier in NBT zone (9AM) and 6 hours later in China (10PM). So it will be 7 hours later in Japan (JST, 11PM)

A big thank you to everyone !

15. DeadSpider

DeadSpider Avatar

If there is room for 3 more, my sons and myself would like to attend.

16. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I am looking forward to this. I have quite a few recipes as well to offer, but would like to get some as well.
    This event is hard to organise as trading will take a long time.

Something to consider is doing one school of recipes at a time and having three or more trainers meet in advance and make sure they have all the same available. And then invite everyone who receives to stay around and help another person or two. Maybe even change the time and location of each to promote different communities.

Moiseyev Trueden, Hornpipe and Lesni like this.
  17. yukimimiya

yukimimiya Avatar

I want to help this event.
    I think we need continuously action.

Hornpipe and Numa like this.
  18. yukimimiya

yukimimiya Avatar

I will share Recipebook in Resolute in 23:00 JST (16:00 CEST).
    I wil at Cratf station.
    Let's share our knowledge :)
    I know only basic recipes, but I hope other one complement them.

Hornpipe and Numa like this.
  19. yukimimiya

yukimimiya Avatar

Additionaly, my avatar name is Yuki mimi.
    Thanks.

Hornpipe likes this.
  20. Aynola

Aynola Avatar

Hi, I went to Resolute, and Yuki told me some recipes, thanks.:)
    Next, I went to Solace Bridge outskirts, but I can not find anybody.:(

I would like to say great thanks for everyone to help this event.;)

Solazur and Hornpipe like this.