Soliciting ranged nuker mage builds

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Oyjord Hansen, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

Hi all,

When we get to buy a second character slot, I think I'd like to try a pure mage ranged nuker.

I've seen Fire and Death do well with PBAOE builds, but I'd like to try, if viable, a long range build, one maybe where you could root the add and burn down the main before it gets to you kind of build. I don't know if such a thing exists in SotA, but if so, this crowd here would know.

TIA for your thoughts and suggestions.

2. istyrl

istyrl Avatar

quite hard in sota, the stun/root effect are not really long enough to do that. You could try fire spec and root in earth magic, but I m not sure you would root it long enough for high level mobs. Sota is more about kiting for mages (run run run :) )
    though at high level, fire is quite nice and has an insane range :) you can sometimes burn both of them before they come to you ;)

Oyjord Hansen likes this.
  3. CodeDaddy

CodeDaddy Avatar

huh?

4. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

If you choose to use Ranged you can hit each of them with 'Disabling Shot' and then with a fire arrow. If your range is good enough you can kill them before they get to you.

The Disabling Arrow slows them down and can be used multiple times as they approach. Also you can target each attacker keeping them away while the fire arrows do their damage.

Of course there are other methods, Ice Arrow, Ice Field, Root that do similar things.

5. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

Last I remember seeing on this (not been on the forums much for a while so there may be more elsewhere) - R52 livestream missed questions,

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ream-r52-missed-questions.118807/#post-997945

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.