1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Solved] Dragging glyph causes combat hot-bar to remain up

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Barugon, Feb 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

02/02/2020 14:37
    Title: Dragging glyph causes combat hot-bar to remain up.
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No.
    Details: Dragging a glyph or item that can be used in the hot-bar causes the combat hot-bar to remain up for several seconds after the dragging operation is finished. This inadvertently causes me to use a combat skill (putting me into combat mode) when I use a hotkey that I intended for the utility hot-bar. There is absolutely no reason that the combat hot-bar should remain up after the drag operation is finished if I'm not already in combat mode!
    Steps to Reproduce: See "Details".
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor (8) System RAM: 32103
    GPU: AMD NAVI10 (DRM 3.35.0, 5.4.14-200.fc31.x86_64, LLVM 9.0.0) GPU RAM: 7950
    SotA.Linux.64.1113.Date.02.01.20
    Area: POT_island_metropolis_01_template/Mystic Isle
    Area Display Name: Mystic Isle
    Loc: (31.0, 89.0, -79.0)
    Debug: UE9UX2lzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfE15c3RpYyBJc2xlfCgzMC45OTQsIDg5LjAwNCwgLTc4Ljk5Nil8KDAsIDAuMTcsIDAsIC0wLjk4Nil8LTQ3NS4xNDI4fDIzLjY0NzkxfDYuMjU1MQ==

2. wizardsmoke

wizardsmoke Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

The combat bar remains visible for a few seconds in order to show the current state of the combat bar after any change that you may have just made. Hiding it immediately may leave a player wondering whether/how it had changed.

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I disagree. Once you start dragging a glyph, the combat hotbar comes up and both it and the utility hotbar are highlighted. It's very obvious that you're dragging a glyph. Having the combat hotbar stay up after the drag operation has completed only interferes with the use of the utility hotbar.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you can turn that off. interface > show help for hotbar drag-and-drop editing

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Is there an option to not bring up the combat bar when dragging a glyph/consumable out of combat?

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you mean the one i just named?

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I thought that just turned off the highlight?

[edit] I turned off this (rather misleading) option and the combat bar no longer comes up when I drag a glyph/consumable out of combat, so good enough I guess.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.