Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Some essential settings that should be default to help new players.

Discussion in 'Release 53 QA Feedback Forum' started by Anvar, Apr 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

3 Very simple settings that should be on by default as its a great aid to new players as Ive had to help out several new players that were finding it harder than necessary.

1. Show Unlearned npc names should be on by default, just makes it harder for new guys to find the npcs.

2. Show translated location names should be on by default, or at the very least the player should be told / shown it via a help tip when they first goto the world map as finding your way around with this new unfamiliar map mode of transport and then making the names all in Runic is a bit of a step to far.

3. Show health and focus stats, again I think most ? people prefer to see this, not as essential but makes it
    easier to see how tough a monster is relative to you.

Sir Leonard, Xandra7 and FrostII like this.
  2. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

I thought about this.. but also make it harder to tell who you haven't talked to. At least if they have no tag you can eb like , "Ah I've never talked ot this guy!"

3. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

Agreed, which is why the option is there, but seen several people streaming struggling to find npc`s , and it just seems more logical to make it easier for new players to get into, they can soon customize it how they like.
    Just if the experience is more a case of too many obstacles to get in makes it less likely to keep those new players.

4. Tirello

Tirello Avatar

I agree 100%.

The ingame alphabet is really nice but expecting a new player to learn to read a new language when they 1st start the game really puts you off.
    It did me, it was the first thing I asked how to change. And if there hadn't been a way to change it I wouldn't be playing right now.

5. Alioth

Alioth Avatar

Newish player (since about a week before release), just my two cents but I really like the unlearned names. Learning them is how I keep track of who I've met. Also really like the Runic, wish there was more, haven't once wished it wasn't there, really part of the charm for me. Not fluent by any means but it's fun to decipher. I only wish we had an in game journal we could actually keep personal notes of our adventures in. Was surprised to learn that blank books couldn't be used this way.

Gia2 likes this.
  6. Gia2

Gia2 Avatar

Pick up a blank paper sheet :) you will be able to reprint as a book also

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.