Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Some general cooking feedback (low level)

Discussion in 'Release 41 Feedback Forum' started by mike11, May 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike11

mike11 Avatar

So I have spent a little time working on cooking.. for the first time. So far here is some basic feedback.

Not enough basic cooking recipes on start (baseline). Having a few more basic recipes right off-the-bat would increase player fun, knowing of how to make basic basic recipes without the need to go to a web browser or the forums. Since there is basically no general-type of chats in game we don't have the luxury of just asking somebody by those methods. I also feel this way about other crafting stations use for 1st level type stuff.

Redundant recipe books + recipes - Many of the ingredients now should be changed from crafting ingredients into items purchasable from Cooking vendors. What I'm saying is remove the "recipe book" for redundant cooking ingredients such as; butter, flour - and replace it with those actual ingredients (from Cooking merchants). Another example would be to change Cooking Oil into a merchant only 'baseline' ingredient. Try to use a cooking station to cook Cooking oil seems wrong.

I noticed that water is missing from most recipes, and as buckets and water exist all over the realms, it could make sense to have water in more recipes.

Learn recipes for Free from NPC's - I feel the current costs are ridiculous to learn some of the baseline ingredients, probably if some were learned from quests too? Or simply just talking to a NPC who is able to teach you and not charge 250 gold for each one! At least not for the basic stuff.

edit: another note
    I also found that so far after around 4 hours or so I still can't cook any of the meat I've butchered, to eat.
    Either I don't know any recipes for basic things like Ribs, Cooked Chicken/pork/beef. So far the recipes I've tried like chicken stew/mutton stew require level 40... :(.
    That basically leaves me making jars of cooking oil, which has been very expensive so far, until I get to 40. More easy recipes please.

Last edited: May 5, 2017
    Fionwyn Wyldemane, uhop and Stundorn like this.
  2. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

The cooking recipes, at least are discoverable, even after they changed it that most recipes need a recipe buyed, this is not true for most or maybe all cooking recipes.
    Unless they changed it after the "big change" about discoverable recipes.

3. mike11

mike11 Avatar

So far the only thing there is is I think level restriction, but I think that ya there is different categories of recipes just for teaching?

4. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Yes that's maybe true, i did to try to cook demon tea or Dragons stew, what my skill is maybe to low for.
    But i cannot fight them, I barely can fight obsidian wolfes or bears :p
    But I can cook their meet ;)

Fionwyn Wyldemane and mike11 like this.
  5. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

Okay, you may not be able to send an in game chat to the entire sandbox, however you can use local chat.
    Use keypad "0" to see who is playing locally, the type /l enter into your chat window. You can now chat with everyone nearby.
    I have gotten lots of help in cooking, and am more than willing to pass on what I know. Once I GM, I will even be holding group "cook-offs" to help others.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
    Fionwyn Wyldemane and mike11 like this.
  6. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

/z for Zone Chat

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  7. mike11

mike11 Avatar

Is there not a more primitive way to cook meat without the need for a crafting station?

8. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

No.
    Are you having a hard time finding a cooking station ?

9. mike11

mike11 Avatar

More like a feature request for using a piece of meat and a campfire or stove.

majoria70 likes this.
  10. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

There is a wish list on the forum.

11. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

@mike11 one thing that helps reduce the cost of cooking is to find someone who will share the recipes that are re-teachable. Like me :)

Purchasing ingredients from merchants is hit-or-miss as far as whether it's cheaper. I'm working on a spreadsheet which you can find here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zuJPmNiYP1B_KZa4EEA0zYmaFPEZEjvpt_I2Bojg3kk/edit?usp=sharing

It is a work in progress, I only offer it in case you find it helpful. You can also check out my cooking comments here:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...oking-farming-observations.89032/#post-807312

Look me up ingame if you want the recipes! :)

mike11 and fonsvitae like this.
  12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I like that idea. I have always wanted to be able to carry some wood/timber and make a camp and if it makes a cooks stove even better. Nice to cook up some fish you just caught to get a buff;)

Fionwyn Wyldemane and Whitestag like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.