Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Some of the new sfx are problematic

Discussion in 'Release 52 Feedback Forum' started by Tamsen, Apr 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tamsen

Tamsen Avatar

I realize that you can't please all of the people all of the time.

That said, I find a couple of the new sfx very annoying, and it bugs me enough to come here and say so.

1. Perhaps the Halloween-cat fx could be saved for the month of October?
    Being a die-hard pet person, I actually dislike my cat arching her back and hissing so much of the time. It's kind of unpleasant to listen to, and IRL it's indicative of something unpleasant. Cat lovers don't like to hear this much hissing from their cat. Maybe it could be toned down to happen a little less often. Please? I'm very much NOT asking for any other cat sounds or behaviors to be changed. Only for the hissing/back arching to be less frequent.

2. The Laughing Spin emote.
    The /spin emote was introduced in R50, I think. It instantly became one of my favorite emotes, but now I won't use it because you added the sound effect to it. This is one of the looping emotes, and the laugh occurs with every single iteration. It's every bit as irritating to listen to as the constant "yoo-hoo" from merchants and the constant puking sound from the town drunks. We complained about those so much that you severely lessened the frequency - at least the puking. And we thank you for that. But can you do that for some of the other endlessly annoying ones, please? And can you not keep on adding repeating sfx that do nothing but cause irritation? Some of us like to do looping emotes at parties, and now I can't use /spin because I feel that I'll annoy everyone around me.

I don't want to sound petty, and I really love most of the sfx. But annoying is annoying, and almost anything that is TOO repetitious eventually becomes hard to take.

Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    Chatele and Rentier like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.