Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

some Taming Feedback

Discussion in 'Release 27 Feedback Forum' started by gracy, Mar 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gracy

gracy Avatar

@Chris @DarkStarr
    Hello,

Just some feedback about taming on R27 in particular but also in general:

1. GM Meaningless?
    I went today to tame the Ferocious Red Spider, i have atm 112 taming, it give me <1% chance to tame it, is this a joke?
    I remember in the r26 at a little more than 100 was already possible to tame it, the game is not yet on the shell and is there already the need to restrict the access to the game's best features?

2. Pet skills and level
    I would like to see pet starting from a low level after taming, and rise up while they will have fight enough, to create some affection toward the pets.
    I also would like that even common people can bye pets from tamers, the pet skill of a tamer should raise faster (related to a taming skill?).

3. Relationship with the Pets
    I remember, and i like the way it was, the relationship that tamers had in UO, feeding them, having care that they remains tamed, having command to interact with them.
    All this is laking in SotA, I hope and I would like that this will be in future development of this game

4. Raideable Pets
    I miss my UO Nightmare that was also able to fight, fantastic pet, what about put something here also?

Thanks in advance

Mata, Quenton and Katrina Bekers like this.
  2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

1. GtG should NOT be able to tame the toughest pet in less than 8 months, GtG Keep it up.

2. Already in the works but taming is still in it infancy.

3. Again Infancy

4. Riding something is also already coming "sometime" in the future, but riding a Spyder, sure but you will not be ale to stay on a pet and fight. infancy.

Look at some of the hangouts and posts most of what you want is coming, patients.

What really needs to come online is a pet control mechanism, so people just don't have strong pets with no taming.

3. gracy

gracy Avatar

for 1: I'll accept that the toughest pet will be tameable in 8 month if also other profession has that training duration, but seeing that taming has atm incredible cost of training (tons of silver+hides+ metals), i hope that is considered to reduce it
    for 2: i hope but i still haven't read nothing about it, currently the combat skill is of the character's taming skill tree, is not proper of the pet, like in my opinion it should be
    for 3: again ... i didn't read nothing about that in development
    for 4: obviously the rideable pet should be a "rideable pet", like in UO nightmare, fire steed, horse and a lot of other pets was rideable, most of them was also able to fight

4. agra

agra Avatar

Completely agree. Over GM just to get a reasonably powerful pet is silly.
    And stealth nerfing (sorry stealth CHANGING it, don't want to offend any sensitive eyes ;) ) between releases is and always will be considered a negative experience for the participants in the game, yet Portalarium has started to do this already. Not a good sign.

I think Portalarium expects players to burn Millions of XP to reach 150 in every skill they really want to be "good" at, and ... it's too much stick, and not enough carrot. Especially with silver/+other-ingot/+leather consumption gating this mechanic already.

Ice Queen and Bluefire like this.
  5. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

...And then decay hits insanely hard, because you're also not supposed to be that good at too many things at once. :mad:

6. Julian Baskerville

Julian Baskerville Avatar

no decay...you can put the skills on hold, they eat less xp but keep the level you want. Of course, leveling up the other costs more time then...

And...the skills go to 150? Urgs! I thought 100 until 5 secs ago. Judging by the time I needed to get blades from 60 to around 80...hell...we are talking about an eve like time curve to get the skills we want. AAaaaauuuuutsch.

7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Just some information - the Ferocious Red Spyder is the MOST powerful pet out there at this time. The MOST powerful, so Taming required at 119 is perfectly reasonable. And th Obsidian levels are the next lowest tier with the Larger Reds, and Bear Patriarchs, and GM taming for them is also very VERY reasonable.

Being "Good" at a skill is about level 80, which is NOT all that hard.

Now just FYI as I have already shown, at this time, to go from 100 - 120 in Taming would take 25 Million experience points, and take about 5 - 10 attempts at each level with a pool maintained at around 3 mill. That is NOT all that unreasonable at with the 4x but will be just plain out insane to think about without it.

But ten again that seems jst about right for a skill that can produce a pet that fights like the critters you get to have with you..

Lastly this is NOT UO and I am very glad it is not, it will take time and when they finish flushing out taming with all the feedback taming should be a nice skill. It will not be a skill that will get you a Ferocious pet within 6 months (or more) but will in the end be a very viable skill.

8. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Are you aware that the amount of decay'ed XP depends on the skill level, yes?

And that the amount of XP decay'ed from a skill you're maintaining at lvl 150 is humongously higher than the amount of XP you need to maintain a skill at lvl 100?

9. helm

helm Avatar

I don't think it's even possible to get past level 135-ish because of decay (assuming I have understood correctly what Chris has said about it)..

10. Julian Baskerville

Julian Baskerville Avatar

No...I am not...but thats like discussing whats behind the horizon with someone that never left his parents farm. I got no skill Close to 100 or above.

Judging the time needed to get a passive from 0 to 50 alone, I think I wont get close to those levels anyway ;(

11. helm

helm Avatar

Interesting...where have you shown this? A link please?

12. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Argh ok Helm

All I found was one where I said to go from 99 - 100 took 110K experience Points - - - -

So now simply if you where to take that x 20 :) that is 2,200,000 points .

Here is more with the math I used . . .

So what I did was increase the Level Points it took to go from each level to the next by taking the level just below it and adding 1/10 of a percent increase, so that it goes up in a slop ( I am pretty sure it is a curve ) but this gives you an idea

So from 99 - 100 was 110 K experience points
    100 - 101 = 125k experience (to go up ONE level)

110 - 111 = 627k Experience point to go up one level

119 - 120 = 5.08 million Exp Points (( ONE level))

If you add all the number of points it took to go up from 100 - 120 it totaled just under 25 Million Experience Points used.

NOW before we had the 4x Training that was 25 uses to go from 99 - 100 (( only 8 Attempts now)) That is with a pool of just over 2.5 million

Roycestein Kaelstrom and helm like this.
  13. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

Also it would be great if we could go back to the good ol' "here bear" "good bear" "I always wanted a bear like you" system

gracy likes this.
  14. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

@gracy Great feedback. Taming can be a great skillset once they tweak it some more and I appreciate the ideas you brought up here.

gracy likes this.
  15. Lord Blackthorne

Lord Blackthorne Avatar

Best places to gather mats to make all the things you need to tame??

16. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

As far as the minerals go - Graff Gem mines. The trees and hides are available any low level location.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.