Some things I really like in SotA right now

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vaentorian, Oct 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

1. Dying. Last night I had to cross Vauban Pass again, dying several times in the attempt as I expected, so I decided to make the most of it and spent a few minutes gliding over the mountain tops as a ghost, floating down the cliff faces when I was done, it was gloriously liberating.

2. Wolves; specifically, the fact that they will often run away as I approach if I take care not to spook them. I like having wild animals that don't just mindlessly attack for no reason.

3. My adopted home area. Eastmarch is a lovely town (albeit pending a redesign at some point) and South Drachvald Spur is great for a relatively young avatar to explore, harvest materials and train skills.

There is of course lots of work still to be done on the game and content still to be added, but I'm already having fun. Can't wait for the stories to be fully playable!

2. Dwalin Bombardin

Dwalin Bombardin Avatar

I visited the Kobold stronghold in the northwest recently and I was amazed at how majestic it was. Plus I didn't feel bad looting all their booze and utensils LOL. If you haven't gone, highly recommended. Truly an adventure for anyone searching for one.

Kudos to the designers et al!

3. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Where is Kobold stronghold, I know you said in the NW, but cannot find it on map.... and what skull tier is it? 4skull or 5skull... 5 skulls are too hard for me now .... but, would like to explore it some time though....

4. Dwalin Bombardin

Dwalin Bombardin Avatar

(spoiler)

It's in the most NW island, caverns of Skrekk. http://sotawiki.net/sota/Skrekk

I think there was a quest associated with it, but I just pushed my way inside and in the innermost area of Skrekk the Kobolds will leave you be. Not sure about the skull rating. I tried to talk with the Kobolds there but I think I needed to start a quest line or something ><

5. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

OK ty for the quick reply -) :) It is a 5 skull zone, will have to wait a few more lvls

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  6. Mitara

Mitara Avatar

Or... you could go up there in a group?

Acred likes this.
  7. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

True, but then it takes the fun out of it for me :) I prefer soloing .... just to see how far I can go on my own ..... comes from growing up in a HUGH family ....

Acred and By Tor [MGT] like this.
  8. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

if i may 4) first time in Soltown dungeon running around in there felt really great :) So "yay" for dungeons :)

9. Vaentorian

Tonight I stumbled upon an unexpected chest mimic in the wild, which was very entertaining!

Acred, Chatele, Luca Xante and 3 others like this.
  10. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Last release you had to get out of attack mode to open the chest. So if it was a mimic of equal level, it had the advantage.

Acred and majoria70 like this.
  11. Vaentorian

Luckily this one was no great challenge, I think it might even have been a baby :/ after I woke it up it just sat there for a few seconds, then decided to lunge at me. Hitting it repeatedly fixed that.

12. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

Last time when I tried to go to Skrekk with my friend it was single player scene ;)

Btw. Very nice to read this positivive thread. Feel free to add me to Your friend @Vaentorian and we can maybe adventure together sometime :)

13. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

My favourite thing is still the musical instruments and the decision to make it so you can play whatever you want like in Starbound. It is a really good feature and I hope they add more instruments in the near future.

14. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

Playing music is just awesome feature in game and now you can even walk and play at the same time... Lots of good memories about learning :rolleyes:;), teaching, playing and listening music :)

15. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Sleek is solo only when you get in the cave.

Acred likes this.
  16. Mitara

Mitara Avatar

Guess I wasnt awake when I wrote that, did not see the Skrekk part, only Vauban pass and 5 skull kobold area. Skrekk is indeed a 5 skull kobold cave, very nice and unfortunately solo only :/

Acred, Toadster and Luca Xante like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.