1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Some things, I really miss to make shopping easier...

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Paladin Michael, Oct 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

House deco is fine, there are many nice things. Also Vendor patterns.

What I would like to see:
    1. Pattern for remote banking devices: Let them be a small kind of fitting item to our house stlye (Obsidian, Shogun, Viking, Elven ...)
    2. It's nice to have a date for latest Vendor information. And after a given time, they sit down. But what I miss is, while on a shopping spree in Crafters Town or Novia Market ... or ...

2.1 Vendors with NO items should be invisible. It would save so much time!
    2.2 Vendors could have a kind of color sign (may be eye color or shirt button color? ;)
    2.2.1 no color: items stocked up within the last week
    2.2.2 yellow: items stocked up within this month
    2.2.3 orange: items stocked up within the last 2 months
    2.2.4 red: items stocked up last time 3 months before ...

Another funny sign could be:
    Vendor with NEW items (within a week) are shaved!
    Vendor with stock up this month: moustache!
    Vendor with stock up within the last 2 months: goat beard
    Vendor with stock up 3 months before: full beard

Okay, what about female women?
    May be hair length? Hair color? Skirt length? Neckerchief color?

I assume, everybody who likes to shop around know what I am talking about. So much time could be saved :)

2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

How about making it their name color instead? That should be pretty low effort.

Just don't use both green and red so as not to be a problem for the color blind.

Widsith [MGT] and Tiina Onir like this.
  3. Toular

Toular Avatar

Perhaps avoid the use of color altogether since there are several types of color-blindness. Maybe strike-through for an empty vendor? A "pulsing" name for a recently stoked? (pulse, not blink)

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

we have standing for fresh and sitting for stale. i had wanted sitting down and sleeping for empty. eyes closed, chin on chest. or reading a book, to use an existing emote. something to show he/she is not paying attention at all.

Sentinel2, Ravalox, Jaesun and 3 others like this.
  5. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

personally, I've thought it should be sitting for no items. Dim the name for not recently updated. That said, the idea is the same, and I think the idea is more important then the specific implementation.

Sentinel2 likes this.
  6. Vodalian

Vodalian Avatar

Doesn't the name of the vendor gradually turn darker from white to grey depending on how long it's been inactive?

7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

it's not a scale, it's binary.

Mal Hari likes this.
  8. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

As Alley Oop says, it's presently either on or off, but that's fine. The point I think everyone is making is having an indication the distinction between a vendor with older items (which I might care about) vs one that has no items (which I don't). Frankly, I'm more interested in a solution to the problem then what the solution is.

Jaesun and Alley Oop like this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

How about a global search so that we can find the vendors that have the items we want.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  10. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I really hate that, I have desks my vendors sit behind in some places.

The grayed out name is enough in my opinion, why make them stand if we want them to sit?

11. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Again, sitting shouldn't be the indication. It should be something we tell the to do or not, so we can properly set up offices and such.

12. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

One of the reasons I've added a date to the vendor name. So Avatars know when I've last restocked them. Not sure what an acceptable method of adding that would be. We have standing / sitting which is helpful. I like the idea of having a vendor reading a book or sleeping if they haven't been restocked in quite some time. Maybe other emotes could be used instead? I figure the tech is already there...

Why not :D

13. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Here's why not: We get our NPCs to the point where we can do all these fancy quest things. You want someone to be able to come into your Factory and see Ned the Accountant, SITTING behind his desk, WRITING in his Ledger. The player shouldn't think this means he is out to lunch, and still interacts with him.

It is a good thing to be able to set up our NPCs using emotes, sitting, etc.`

Seriously, an indicator of NOT WORKING needs to be different than ones we will use to enhance the look/feel of the property.

14. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I visit Ned behind his desk for the next few weeks.

Ned still has nothing new. Every day.

I get mad a Ned. Slap him asking for new inventory.

A very unvirtuous action I know.

Ned, get more crap and soon I yell!

Moral of the story.?

Don't get mad at Ned ;-)

15. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Yeah, Ned isn't doing anything until the vendor UI is better.

There was a time when he would have many many jobs available for new players to do. Then my wrist started to ache from writing up all those orders for Ned.

Actually, we are sitting on the cusp of a city overhaul, maybe I'll make him do something soon.

Either way, sitting shouldn't have anything to do with it. I always want Ned to sit. Or sit, then stand up when someone talks to him, then sit back down.

Everyone could just as easily see I've given up on Ned by the grayed out nameplate.

Jaesun likes this.
  16. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

That's a fair point. If it put the date it was last added to as a "title" under then name, that would work too. I just want a disctinction between "empty" and "stale" vendors. Like I said: "I'm more interested in a solution to the problem then what the solution is."

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    Vladamir Begemot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.