Some thoughts on the monkey room

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Vladamir Begemot, May 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I think that there may be some missed opportunities with the upper area Kobolds.

Here's the issues I see.
    • The Kobolds are just background noise
      • Spikes they bring up are not a hazard.
      • Arrows from above are not a hazard.
    • Vs. strong adventurers, monkeys become a big pile in their tunnel.
      • This makes for a repetitive experience because players don't need to move.
    So I suggest adding some dynamism to the level.
    • Kobolds should pose a real threat either with direct damage or more effective traps
      • More interesting: Players need to manage the Kobolds as well as fight monkeys
        • Damage coming down or via traps is significant enough to need attention
          • Seems like a great opportunity for grenadiers that can hit anywhere in the arena
        • There is an in room entrance to the control room above
        • The Spectacle of watching from afar: It's cool to watch your friends fight nearby while depending on you at your post
      • Still interesting: Traps across the whole floor, that broadcast they are about to fire so players have a moment to attempt to dodge
    • The monkey fight itself could be more interesting
      • Spawn monkeys from random tunnels instead of from one location only
        • Variance is more interesting
        • Players will be forced to move, which makes fights more dynamic
        • You can then close the door between spawns so new ones coming out look like they were elevated in, instead of appearing out of thin air
        • It gives you the freedom to do spawns in quicker succession, for higher difficulty
      • Put some variance in the arena. Robot testing facilities usually have different levels of elevation to see what their robots can do.
        • Variance is more interesting
        • Take advantage of the interesting height mechanics

Coupling more movement below with more danger from above, or fighting above, would take the Monkey Room to greatness.

2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Stop it! I just finally managed to run the monkey room today. It's bad enough having Atos always moving the goalposts on me, I don't need players advocating for it too...

3. Admiralloyd

Admiralloyd Avatar

Monkey room no have loot, what real we need change loot in room..... Location T8 drop like Newbie Tutorial path.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.