Something witchy this way comes....

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Deloria, Aug 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deloria

Deloria Avatar

*shy wave*

I am the proud owner of a tiny new holdfast, and I'm hoping I can get some feedback and ideas from the community to make it as nice as possible. I was thinking of a Mermaid/Witchery theme - Maybe on a river or sea.

I have two ideas and I sort of hop between them, but I hope I could get some people who maybe like the theme and would like to help out :)

Idea one is a little rocky harbour with a lighthouse and imposing manse (The Witchery) on the cliffs, with a history of mermaids and witchy business and all that lovely stuff. I call it "Witch Harbour" for now - maybe "Cold Witch Harbour" or "Witchhaven" would work as well.

The second idea is a little cluster of houses around a lovely river/misty forest/waterfall setting - a bit more romantic and "elvish" maybe in some old ruins. The Witchcraft theme would do as well for here. I call it "Mer Deloria" for now...

The overall idea is to make a safe haven for witches and other supernatural outsiders. Thieves and rogues and smugglers would also probably hang here and maybe we could find a nice spot in the world on a trade route or something.

[​IMG]

I'm hoping to eventually pledge up to Lord Level, and get the goodies to dress a nice holdfast up, but I'm waiting a bit to see if a royal founder pledge pops up. Sorted :)

I'm really open to advice and suggestions - and of course if anyone needs a place to house-train their familiars they are very welcome.

Also if there are any other villages or anything that would like to share some RP as friends or enemies it would be nice to chat with you :)

I will update in this thread as something grows!

monxter, Tahru, Numa and 28 others like this.
  2. Mata

Mata Avatar

Mer Deloria
    :)

Btw: Welcome Deloria!

3. licemeat

licemeat Avatar

Never has "Mermaid/Witchery" ever crossed my mind. I am curious to see this!

4. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Both are really cool concepts. Good work!

It is hard to pick one. I thought a cool idea would be to merge the best concepts of both. Somehow having the waterfall and steam seen in lower right corner of Mel Deloria added onto the Witch Harbour map and have the piece double as a bridge.

5. Devoid

Devoid Avatar

Thank goodness it's not vampires and werewolves!
    The mermaid/witch theme is a new and refreshing twist! I like it! :)
    I haven't any suggestions to put forth, but I will gladly swing by at some point after the game goes live. Until then, I wish you lots of inspiration and resources to make this possible! Good luck!
    *Gives stamp of approval*

6. Deloria

Deloria Avatar

Oooo - that was genius!

[​IMG]

I think to be honest I will bury the mermaid thing into folklore surrounding the harbour - rather than state it outright it can be a kind of "Did you ever find out who your grandma was?" kind of thing that keeps the locals suspicious of strangers.
    Who wants to admit their relatives had fooshtails after all?

The coat of arms will have to be a cat and fish locked in an eternal struggle - obviously! :)

7. Mercyful Fate

Mercyful Fate Avatar

Outstanding! I like your ideas, commitment, and direction. I'll be watching this thread for future updates! ;)

8. Mercyful Fate

Mercyful Fate Avatar

9. Deloria

Deloria Avatar

Sorted :) Now an Hoher Edelmann - whatever that means :)

10. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

I can vouch for Andernut, he will help you. You may have to seek out your own RF if you want to get it cheaper.

PS what software did you use for this drawing?

11. Deloria

Deloria Avatar

Yes Andernut and Guni were really helpful :). The whole paypal thing was a bit of an IQ test (I failed) but they helped me through it :)

For the map I used visio.. or rather I watched over the shoulder of someone who used visio while I told him what to do.
    I delegate! Now I kind of get the hang of it so I did the second map..it is quite nice to drag and drop in.

12. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Will this town be open to PVP? And can you fit all those Town and City houses in a holdfast?

13. Ariella Shadowdancer

Ariella Shadowdancer Avatar

First.. Welcome!
    Second.. Outstanding concept. Looking forward to visiting and maybe hanging my cloak for a night or two. Will have to check out the "elvish" old ruins.

14. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Cat and fish in eternal struggle....I have an image in my head...now to see if I can get it rendered into the computer!

15. Kain3

Kain3 Avatar

I love the new concept Deloria. Beaumaris' idea really did inspire you. :)

16. Undelivered

Undelivered Avatar

This is a great idea! Maybe it could be always kind of dark and gloomy, with fog. ;) Sounds like the ideal place for some shady stuff to go down! Love the idea! I will be sure to visit! Sounds like the place to be on halloween ;)

17. Sunswords

Sunswords Avatar

I massively like this! I would definitely like to visit too, I can even be a regular customer / supplier of various rare ingredients and goods to your Witchery economy!

18. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

I love the concept, and am looking forward to visiting your holdfast! Would be a great place to stage seasonal chant rituals, fire circles, and other witchy gatherings.

19. Kain3

Kain3 Avatar

"Other witchy gatherings"=burning players trapped in cages shaped like wickerman :p

Tahru, Devoid, Deloria and 2 others like this.
  20. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

Merry Met and welcome kindred spirit.

It is always a warm feeling when we cross pathes with those that have the like of heart and mind as ourselves.

Allow me first to introduce myself. I am Amber Raine, High Priestess of the Church of the Dark Star. As many are aware although few speak of it aloud, I am elvin kin and as my title no doubt states to any with sense, I dance within the circle.

I look forward with interest to visit your groves and meet the acquaintance of those who are like minded and nay as weak and feeble minded as some of the humans we find ourselves surrounded with. Namely, those who would see us on trial for being who we are without the sense to see our path leads to places they can only dream they could go on their current followings.

May your dance be free from bonds and light as the four winds,

- Amber

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.