Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Songs with Voices

Discussion in 'Release 3 Feedback' started by NirAntae, Feb 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

So, there is at least one song in R3 that has vocals.

It's a lovely song. Very pretty melody, very well done.

But it is disorienting and frankly rather unpleasant as background music in a game. Maybe, maybe in a tavern setting only... but even that is pushing it if there isn't an NPC singer/bard.

Up until now, I've been raving about the music.... how beautiful and fitting it is, how I haven't turned my music off for pretty much the first time ever in a video game. Well, now I have. :( Again... it's a LOVELY song! But vocals just don't belong, imho.

Golem Dragon likes this.
  2. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

I really this one !

3. Ser Alain

Ser Alain Avatar

I like all the songs heard so far, however I have a couple of points to make on the use of same.

I find that while the music is nice, options should be there, especially in the open world to tune out, have the music at a much lower intensity (volume), not as continuous and especially with the ability to turn it off.

Note that the above should be separate from bar music, songs or player generated (as it is local).

As it is right now the music drowns all other environment sounds and with the global music volume it also affect local instances of the music.

Yes, it's pre-alpha; hence why mentioning it now so it can be addressed.

;)

4. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

Yes I agree - the song with spoken lyrics was a bit out of place as background music. What I think they should do is take the Skyrim approach and have bard NPCs sing those songs on request.

The music in general is great though. And whoever did that Saltarello should get huge bonus points.

Pyro and NirAntae like this.
  5. Mitch [MGT]

Mitch [MGT] Avatar

Isn't there a music volume slider under sound options?

6. Ser Alain

Ser Alain Avatar

Yes, but it's global (in other words, muting it also mutes all music and songs. Inns and other places where one would expect songs and music is also muted. In addition it has no effect on the frequency of play of the songs.

7. VirtuousGirl

VirtuousGirl Avatar

are the lyrics of the song available? i heard it at the inn at bramar an very liked it.

8. Knocke

Knocke Avatar

Personally, I loved the song with lyrics and thought it was very fitting for an Inn. I even sat down and waited until the song would replay after it ended.

9. Hazard

Hazard Avatar

I have nothing against the song itself but it was strange that this is from Iolo (David Watson), while the bard in Kingsport at the wharf-side tavern was not him. Is Iolo going incognito?

Edit: Someone just posted the song in question to YouTube:
    Iolo's Tavern Song

10. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I personally Love the music, and have noticed that Tavern music is NOT played as background music outside the Taverns, but all Taverns have the same selection of songs, as does the outside.

Maybe it's just me since I am in Owl's Head crafting most of the times, but I feel it would be redundant to have separate volume controls for each area/theme. The volume controls under the audio options is enough for me.

Just wait for Combat, and battle music...

11. Kirthag

Kirthag Avatar

I personally want to know what the copyrights are on the music in the game. Are we able to rebroadcast the music when we stream & subsequently upload to YouTube? I've seen too many other gamers have issues with YouTube as a result of ingame musical pieces - so I generally have all music muted (which is sad, really). Did get a chance to preview some of Holt's music (and with his permission, we streamed & published it!) - but how do I know what music is safe to broadcast, and what isn't?!?

Hazard likes this.
  12. Sunsanvil

Sunsanvil Avatar

The only time I heard the song was when I stepped into the Inn (where to me it was more than appropriate). Did it play elsewhere for others?

13. Pyro

Pyro Avatar

I think the concern being addressed here by @Ser Alain wasn't necessarily the fact that he wanted an options menu for "Owls Head Firelotus' Tavern" , "Owls Head, Tavern 2", "Owls Head, Tavern 3", "Kingsport Tavern 1" etc... so much as it was being noted that global background music, and tavern music in general should be treated separately.

So one could not have the music from just wandering around the city, but when you enter the tavern / bar / pub, you still hear music appropriately as it fits the surroundings.

On this, I really like the Skyrim approach to it, that way it would make sense to have the vocals in, yet it wouldn't be on auto-loop like standard tavern music that regularly plays.

14. Kirthag

Kirthag Avatar

Here is what I mean...

I was checking out some performance art videos on YouTube when I came across one _without audio_ and here's why...
    [​IMG]

This was on a dance performance video.... seriously?!?!

So, before we go streaming & posting videos with the awesome soundtrack being developed, I'd like to know what sort of rebroadcasting rights we have... if any.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.