Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Soothing Rain Visual Issue

Discussion in 'Release 35 Bug Forum' started by Sorthious, Nov 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

I have a big issue with the visual impact of Soothing Rain. It's not such a big deal in combat, where I don't really need to look around as much, but I can't see where I am going when running, or see harvest nodes. I know that it was listed as 'toned down', so I can imagine how bad it was before. I suppose lowering the opacity more would help, but lowering it too much would ruin the visual effect. Don't get me wrong, the effect looks really cool, but it interferes with gameplay. Could Dev's maybe increase the Z value of the cloud so that it appears further up in the players field of vision and not dead center. This would allow the effect to not be diminished, while keeping the players field of vision clear.

Hawkwind likes this.
  2. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

I, personally, am a huge fan of the idea of making Soothing Rain less visually intrusive, but unfortunately, this skill is working as intended, so this is not something I can report to the team. This might get a better response in the feedback section, @Sorthious :D

3. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Ah ok. In that context the spell seems useless. If not in combat, I would opt to use a spell that, first of all, uses no regs, secondly, uses less focus, and thirdly, doesn't impair gameplay. The thing is, the effect on field of vision is only an issue when one comes out of combat. While in combat, I have no issue with it, as my focus is on the mobs in the foreground, and not things in the background. If the intent was to make things difficult for those running away from a battle then I understand its intent. I won't move this to feedback as it's a spell that I can choose to use or not to use. I thought that it might have been an oversight. Thanks for the feedback! (^8

4. Hawkwind

Hawkwind Avatar

I agree as well that the spell visual is a bit much for personal preference but, although not a bug I had an issue yesterday while in a full group. Soothing Rain and Elysian Illumination both seem to suffer from this problem. While casting either one of these spells while alone is visually intrusive, casting these spells while in a full group and having it hit most or all of the members caused the game to come almost to a complete halt for everyone. The lag this caused was just about game stopping and if these two spells were cast together actually caused people to get disconnected from the game! We actually had to refrain from using these spells all together so that we could continue playing.

Markee Dragon's stream from Friday has this recorded so it can be seen from his perspective.

5. cyathome

cyathome Avatar

Bump. It's now Feb 13th 2017, this is still horrid. Please, get rid of the 'storm' and replace it with a light drizzle... just enough so we can see the range.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.