Sorry but: With that performance? UNPLAYABLE! =>> Solved with Build Number 1253- July 18th, 4:00PM

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Jupiter8, Jul 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Net

Net Avatar

So, I tested my performance again and it seems that after spending about an hour in ERG with party of 10 and then getting to heavily decorated town my fps dropped to 5, I restarted and it is back to usual 25...

2. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

Many of the performance features in 2019.3 need to be enabled in the build settings.

I suspect the developers haven't enabled them yet.

I highly recommend enabling Incremental GC. Kerbal Space Program saw massive reduction in stutter and near elimination of hitching when they did this. Now only one stock function on KSP causes hitching, in newer versions, and two were mitigated to stutter at their most severe. (Repacking very large ships can cause hitching, while the aerodynamic calculations on large ships and terrain height-map quad extrapolation contribute to stutter when their load is combined. The former is a high processor load that gets interrupted by the GC, resulting in physics stutter, when the later overloads the GC to the point that processor availability is too low.)

Echondas and Feeyo like this.
  3. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

No idea, they haven't said.... finally all servers went up yesterday, so far so good. Just most chat options are down...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.