SotA Con - Austin 2017 (Oct 13-15, 2017)

Discussion in 'Archived Events' started by Duke Ezekiel Cooper, Nov 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

Suggestions for Panels:

Friday 10/13/2017

10/13/2017 @ 10:00am CST - Panel Vacancy
    10/13/2017 @ 11:00am CST - Panel Vacancy
    10/13/2017 @ 1:00pm CST - Panel Vacancy
    10/13/2017 @ 2:00pm CST - Panel Vacancy
    10/13/2017 @ 3:00pm CST - Panel Vacancy

Saturday 10/14/2017
    10/14/2017 @ 10:00am CST - Panel Vacancy
    10/14/2017 @ 11:00am CST - Panel Vacancy
    10/14/2017 @ 2:00pm CST - Panel Vacancy

Suggested Potential Panel Topics, focused on Development, since this is SotA Con (Dev):

1. PVP - what big things could be done to enhance PVP (factions, etc.)
    2. Housing, Renting, how this can be expanded in the future too!
    3. Storyline ideas for EP1, EP2, etc.
    4. How dungeon is built
    5. State of New Britannia - economy, statistics, etc.
    6. Leaderboards across all aspects of New Britannia game play (combat, crafting, etc.)
    7. Community Hour
    8. Fishing!

2. bdonham

bdonham Avatar

Reservations for car, flight and room made. Looking forward to the trip.
    Waldo Ptolomy

3. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Have a great time! I really enjoyed going to the last one. Perhaps the most incredible thing is that the people you meet from the forums are pretty much the same as they online. Just a bunch of genuine solid good folks.

4. bdonham

bdonham Avatar

In the late 80's and 90's I played a game called Gemstone, text based RPG. Went to a couple of their Cons in St. Louis. It was a fun time. I suspect it will be an interesting time meeting my fellow players and the game makers this time as well.
    Waldo Ptolomy

Lazarus Long and Time Lord like this.
  5. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

I'm really bummed you're not attending anymore @Tahru - it would have been great to finally meet you but I'm looking forward to meeting many new faces and catching up with familiar ones :)

6. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I was actually bummed as well for the same reason. Real life intervened on this one. But I will likely go to the next east coast one.

7. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

Meeting avatars such as Tahru was the high point of my trip also.
    Wish I could do it this year but not possible right now.

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  8. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Berek, bdonham, Winfield and 2 others like this.
  9. Berek

Berek Senior Community Manager Moderator SOTA Developer

Excellent, looking forward to seeing you at SotA Con!

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  10. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Thank you! I am so excited to be going again. :) I want to be a lurker and live at Portalarium like @Winfield does :p This is as close as I can get!

11. Randi

Randi Avatar

Late Bloomer Ticket - $65.00: Available July 2, 2017 thru August 10, 2017. Was it "through" the 9th, it seems it was pulled already.

12. OxNull

OxNull Avatar

Looking for sotacon ticket for $65 Late Bloomer Ticket price.

Living up to the Late Bloomer Ticket name, I waited until last minute to see if I could raise the funds; not knowing that thru August 10th actually meant thru the 9th until midnight.

PM if you have a ticket.

Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  13. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

Hopefully you got that ticket that was avalible.

As per the original post here on the forums Ticket sales ended at 12 am Aug 10th as posted.

I would like to thank EVERYONE who has purchased tickets and will be attending this years event.

As a reminder SOTA Con Austin 2018 is scheduled for October 12-14 2018. Ticket Sales will open Jan 1 2018 and close in August 2018.

This is done for several reasons to ensure that everything planned for is fully covered In ADVANCE.

As we expect his event to grow year after year we can only plan for what is funded with advance ticket sales at this time.

Once again I want to say Thanks to everyone who purchased tickets and I look forward to seeing you all in Austin in October!

Also If anyone who's attending has any ides they would like to share or possibly see done, don't hesitate to shout out and let us know.

Thanks,

Laz

14. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

Duke Ezekiel Cooper Avatar

Due to the discrepancies in language on my part...
    Late Bloomer tickets will be extended until 12:00a.m. CST/NBT 08/12/2017 with my deepest apologies to those that tried to buy tickets on the 10th.
    As it can plainly be seen above, I DID say thru the 10th of August and sales ended at midnight on the 10th, which is thru the 9th... Not the 10th...

Again, please accept my deepest apologies for this oversight, and I hope the extension is ample time to purchase your tickets.

With apologies,
    @Duke Ezekiel Cooper
    Event Manager
    SotA Con - Austin

15. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

Duke Ezekiel Cooper Avatar

Good Morning Attendees, Staff, and Developers,

All ticket sales have officially ended...

From this point forward, all cloaks now have a intrinsic value on them, as well as all tickets.

Anyone that is a ticket holder, that has a change of plans and cant make it to SOTA- CON Austin, please use this thread to announce that your ticket is for sale.
    When a seller/buyer match is established, the ticket holder can contact me via PM with the buyer in the same conversation, verify that payment has been received, and the ticket will be transferred to the new attendee on the eventbrite system.

The event is still in planning, and I can report to everyone that in June, there was a call by the community to go ahead and get a hotel and convention room established... I did so, but I can tell you that the attendee list grew after the hotel/convention room was booked based on the funds available at the time, and the attendee list has grown beyond what was projected at the time. This does NOT mean that the CON is a failure, far from it, but what it does mean, is that booking the convention hall for 2018 wont happen until around the August 15th timeframe, when there is a solid head count...

Now, a lot of people have questioned why ol' Zeke stopped ticket sales in August, 2mo. before the convention. I have been prepared to answer that question publically ever since we started ticket sales and here it is...
    All of us that do business with Paypal know that there is a 60 day window afforded to any buyer to initiate a dispute for chargeback after purchase... None of us on the SOTA-CON Austin staff imply that anyone in particular in the community would do such a thing, but it is a prudent decision to stop ticket sales 60 days before the event to avoid the unlikely situation that some unsavory character infiltrate our glorious event, dump thousands of dollars into it's coffers and then initiate a dispute right before the event, thus leaving the staff holding the bag for a debt that it did not foresee...

I fully intend to see this event happen every year for the SOTA community and developers to enjoy with each other, and I damn sure don't want some mishap on my watch to occur because of my short-sightedness... I hope everyone agrees...

Now there are a few surprises being worked on for you guys, but what I can tell you so far is that your gonna get physical souvenirs, and you can thank @Lazarus Long for his intuitive mind and awesome contacts to make those things happen.

Were working on getting you guys wined and dined while your in Austin, and if everything pans out the way I have it planned, your gonna get cultured while your there too, for free...

All ideas are welcomed, and all guild functions are welcomed... I can mention now that @Roper Docholiday and his guild plan to visit the children's hospital while in Austin to show the CON's support for their efforts, and all are welcomed to join them.

The CON isn't about any one guild or person folks. This is a gaming community body coming together in one mind, and in one accord, to show the rest of the gaming community that it is possible to bring the virtual world into the physical world, and that our world is full of amazing and outstanding people that have a profound positive impact that affects all those around them.

Thank you all for your support, your interest, your participation, your ideas, your criticism, and your passion... Dreams become reality under such circumstances.

Thank you,
    @Duke Ezekiel Cooper
    Event Manager
    SOTA-CON Austin 2017

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  16. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Greetings all.

I wanted to wait until ticket sales ended to be sure I didn't take funds from the pool. Now that that time has passed, I wanted to note that due to personal reasons I'm moving from Ohio to Nevada and that move causes confliction with SotA Con this year. I feel like I'm going to miss out on a lot of good times... last year was epic. Next year hopefully I'm financially settled up enough to not miss whatever comes next :)

As requested by Zeke and team, I'll list this here:
    I have 1 attendee ticket that I purchased, now approved for resale to someone who wanted a spot and didn't get ordered in time, available to be purchased. PM me or respond here if interested.

Thanks!

Berek likes this.
  17. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

SotACon Austin! SotACon Austin! SotACon Austin!
    • My hotel reservations are made!
    • My costume is ready!
    • My favorite mug is clean for mead!
    • My fishing pole is nearly packed (I used it daily of course)!
    • My worms are growing at a rapid rate!
    How's everyone else doing getting ready for the SotACon Austin heading right straight into SotA LAUNCH ?? !! I know this will be a great SotA-Dev convention!

Buzz!

18. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

hotel - check
    garb - wrinkled but check
    mug - check
    fishing pole - check
    plastic worms and other fish catching toys if we get down to castelton - check

19. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Costume? What is that? I am wearing what I wear every day! :D I am coming from New Britannia. Even my Silver Serpent Pendant is coming.

Keep your worms to yourself ;) hehe

20. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

• My hotel reservations are made!
    • My plane ticket has been bought.
    • My costume is still in the thinking stage but will be ready
    • My Shroud of the Avatar coffee mug is ready to go
    • My fishing pole and worms (ugg I can't touch them so maybe I need to get someone to bate my hooks) are ready.
    • Now I need to get ahead in sleeping so I can stay up all night having a great time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.