SotA Economy - Gold Sink Brainstorming

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bowen Bloodgood, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yinki2

yinki2 Avatar

maybe add some guild xp and taxes, add a guild store , unlock guild features with both.

available in guild store: guild house, trainers, guild auction & tax free merchand, +10 crafting bench, titles , decos, guild dungeon (raids), once per month full repair tools.

guilddungeon wars : every guild need to protect his own dungeons throne room.
    build defense and develop strong monsters. defeat another same guild lvl dungeon and you get x% of this guild treasure.
    players can help defends their dungeon

Gadfrey Zukes and Black Tortoise like this.
  2. Nick

Nick Avatar

Donate 100 gold each time you use a devotional?

*ducks*

Black Tortoise likes this.
  3. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

I would pay 350g for a merchant to add the locations of other merchants of that type to my map indicators. I would pay 1000g if they would tell me the other cities that contain merchants of that type. Might help hunting for recipes heh.

Oh, I want this so bad!!!

Brilliant

Bowen Bloodgood likes this.
  4. golruul

golruul Avatar

Global auction house. Listing fee plus a selling fee of 33% or higher. Dungeons and dragons online has this and it works out well enough.

You can still individually visit vendors to get the best prices as we do today.

5. Nick

Nick Avatar

Would a buff from the advanced trainers work?

Something like x gold for 30 mins resistance or something. (ie Earth Trainer can do Strength of Earth that lasts an hour)
    This will be helpful for solo players who do not specialize in certain skills.

Chatele likes this.
  6. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

I have to ask the question.....

How much gold does the average avatar have?

I personally hover around 20k in my purse on the average. Why do I need one more thing to pull gold out of my purse?

But once again. How much gold does the average avatar have?

@Chris

7. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Perhaps gold sinks should be identified for stuff to be:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...de-1-content-plans-aka-the-2-year-plan.97521/

Source: Ship to Ship Combat: Be able to shoot cannons and catapults and other ranged weapons between ships
    Sink: Craftable/Purchasable cannon balls and catapult stones. Those weapons will need repairing as well. Master working of ship weapons.

Source: Sea Monsters: Creatures that can be fought at sea either while swimming, from shore, or while on ships.
    Sink: Dry dock costs for repairing a ship.

Source: Player Owned Dungeons: Connects to bottom floor of basement or perhaps a placeable Dungeon entrance in a POT. Imagine a much larger basement specifically tailored to be an adventure space vs. a living space.
    Sink: Thinking from the lottery/challenge perspective, have the ability for a player to put gold/items down for a final boss reward pot. Players can pay with gold to play the dungeon. Death ports the player out of the dungeon. Have the ability to specify player count (solo or x number of players). Wipe ports the player(s) out. Player payments add to the dungeon pot. Players that conquer the dungeon get the pot. Owners can pull the pot if no players are in the dungeon. This would encourage a lot of work to make lethal dungeons in addition to the wager pot.

Source: Character Customization: More facial features, tattoos, scars, face types, body types.
    Sink: Tattoo parlor.

Source: Animal husbandry: An expansion of Agriculture to raise animals including chickens, pigs, cows, and sheep (and maybe more!)
    Sink: Allow players to take their animals to graze for faster growth but possibly triggering a random encounter similar to the dog encounter. Optionally, hire a shepherd/animal tender to graze them for you.

Source: Mounts: Slightly faster than running, perhaps less drain on focus.
    Sink: Feed for faster travel.

Source: Mounted Combat: Expansion of mount system to allow fighting while mounted.
    Sink: Lances tend to break if jousting is added.

Source: Companions / Hirelings / Mercenaries Improvements
    Sink: Wages

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    squerly1 likes this.
  8. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Hmmm.

I know mail your extra gold to me!

*hides*

9. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Sharpening kits = time based bonus damage for swords polearms and axes made on blacksmith table (gm blacksmithing)

Grips = time based attack speed bonus
    For bludgeons and bows made at tailoring table (gm tailor)

Wooden talisman = time based AoE duration bonus for wands and staves (GM carpentry) or cast time reduction, maybe one that does each because im under the impression pve’ers rely heavily on meteor and ring of fire but pvpers rely heavily on arrow spells

All use a raw material harvested and refined by players, and crafting fuels.

More crafting consumables that use fuel to craft = gold sink plus a constant in-demand item for each profession

K1000 likes this.
  10. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

My personal inclination is that new gold sinks should be optional. Thus the question, what would you WANT to spend money on?

K1000 and Addison like this.
  11. Nevyn Waldail

Nevyn Waldail Avatar

If you want to take gold out the system just put resources on NPC vendors at a reasonable price. Raise or lower them as required.

12. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

In my case I need to get money lol

currently my gold is going into crafting and GMing crafting skills

SmokerKGB, Addison and that_shawn_guy like this.
  13. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Make the upcoming (some day) trade channel cost 5g per advertisement.

K1000 and that_shawn_guy like this.
  14. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yeah, same here. I was reading this topic, and then looked at my current gold level and was like what?

Though, I do get the overall idea for this.

Duke Olahorand likes this.
  15. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

@Jaesun @Proteus Tempest this is the idea. Obviously we haven't hit hyper inflation, and kudos to the developers for that.

I have heard the devs say we need more gold sinks on several occasions, usually in response to "We want more loot". Now that loot has been increased we might see inflation take off if there isn't more things that destroy gold in the economy, rather than just transfer it to another player.

Jaesun and Bowen Bloodgood like this.
  16. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

In game calendar that costs to list your event

17. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

@Vladamir Begemot

I understand the concept but from my perspective I am making a amount of gold and gear that is just now getting pleasing. When I adventure I am making profit instead of having to uber grind to make any gold.

so my question is...... Who are the devs targeting to reduce their gold?

18. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

As they say in that video, they should be targeting players with tons of gold. CICI's idea of a millionaire title is brilliant.

19. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Again emphasis on optional sinks here. That target would be anyone who has more gold than they can spend. :) I'm in the same boat as many. Right now Bowen has less than 5k and I rarely see numbers higher than 20k (I don't even pay taxes), but if you go search the forums enough you'll find posts were people are claiming to make 10-20k per hour (or some other ridiculously high number many of us can only dream of).

SmokerKGB and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  20. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

So basically you should be working to identify luxury items or enhancements that cost gold and demonstrate extravagance. I.E. regular watch versus smart watch.

Make a steam powered kolbold car that zooms around novia at fleet flute speed burning through a player's on hand coal and buckets of water. Have the car sufficiently priced using gold such that very few can purchase one.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.